How NOT to sign work zone speed limits

I don't use the term "speed trap" lightly, but look at how little distance there is between the last "speed limit 55" sign and the first "speed limit 45" sign.

Comments

• They should have covered up the 55 sign between the 45 ahead and the 45 sign.

also is it just me or should the red car back off
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Incidentally, I was going 55 for most of that and the state trooper behind me (who can be seen passing me at 0:54) didn't seem to care.
  • This...looks very normal.  It gave you about a quarter mile between the "speed 45 ahead" and when it actually turned into that.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wouldn't think anything of that if not for the fact that there's a 55 sign in between them.

Let's pretend I was someone who doesn't drive this stretch every day. I would see the "45 mph ahead" sign and start slowing down. Then I would see the 55 sign and be like "oh, whatever" and start speeding back up...only to have just a few seconds pass before I get to the 45 sign.
  • Eh.  At least you're not going through TV Highway here.  We had a stretch of roadwork where they didn't cover the normal street sign at all in the middle of the low-speed zone, then speedtrapped people for the work limit.