Nintendo - Mario Related Games and Other things revolving around Nintendo

edited 2012-04-13 17:05:37 in General Media
Ok! So right now i'm into things related to Nintendo! Currently i am playing Pokemon black and in my mind reliving old games such as Mario Party, and Mario Party Two! Listening to the songs of Mario party on YouTube are making me re hook up my old N64 as it is still in great condition and at least two decent working controllers, i was wondering if anyone else is having these old nostalgia memories of the old games of Nintendo :D

Thinking it's time to revert back to all my old gamming systems for a bit and connect back to my old dreams where i had lots of fun 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I like Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon and Fire Emblem.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    I like Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

This
    Pokemon and Fire Emblem are developed by Game Freak and Intelligent
    Systems, respectively, though they are published by Nintendo. ;]

But Game Freak and Intelligent systems IIRC are owned by Ninty
  • I like-a da Mario.
    I like-a da Zelda.
    I like-a da Pokemons.
    I like-a da Kirby.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    My favorite Nintendo (or at least Nintendo-published) franchises that I've played are Pokémon and Zelda. Oddly, I haven't played Mario, Kirby, or Punch-Out very much, but I like them a lot, too.

Fire Emblem and Advance Wars are pretty cool, but I'm not very good at them.
  • Pokemon and Zelda are awesome.

And I remem8er getting into the Minus World in Super Mario 8ros as a kid and thinking I was so cool. Like "pff so what if you can rescue the princess, I can get trapped in a weird looping water world!"

And I had a friend who I went to visit after school all the time who had an old SNES and we'd play Super Mario World and eat Ruffles chips and ranch dip and drink Dr. Pepper.
  • It was fun. ::::)
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Kid Icarus Uprising is a fucking fantastic game.

You guys should go get it right nao.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I know I should go get it. But I haven't gotten around to getting Mario Kart 7 or PokéPark 2 yet. Alas.
  • I got Xenoblade Chronicles. It's probably the best JRPG that I've played in a while, to give you an idea.
  • LWLW
    edited 2012-04-13 22:02:35

On the topic of Mario, I think this video is probably worth a watch, assuming everyone here has not already seen it.

At least one person here has already seen it, and yes, it is awesome.
  • edited 2012-04-13 22:21:12
    I already watched it, but it's worth another watch. That ending is more poignant than it should be.
    Come to think of it, I've never played any of the Super Smash Bros. games, but I'm really interested in trying one. I kind of wonder what character I'd like the most. I know I'd probably pick one of the Pokémon characters first for familiarity's sake.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    They're pretty fun. Definitely a good game to play with some friends, though.
    Yeah, I'm hoping my friends have a copy of Brawl because not enough people come to my house to justify buying a primarily multiplayer Wii game that I'm not going to do online.

That being said, I might get the 3DS game whenever it comes out.
  • LWLW
    edited 2012-04-14 21:19:06

ProfessorGator,
    I actually think you could have a lot of fun playing Brawl by yourself, especially with the whole subspace emissary "story mode." It may be multiplayer oriented, but not really to Mario Party levels of multiplayer only gameplay from what I can tell.

I am not sure if that makes it worth a buy for you though. Plus, talking about Smash Bros. tends to lead to heated Melee vs. Brawl debates, so evidently Brawl is not for everyone.
  • I was playing Brawl earlier today.

I am decent with Ness, but that's about it.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I only played Melee.
  • edited 2012-04-14 22:01:20
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^^Don't worry. I'm not the type to start Melee vs. Brawl flame wars. I imagine I'd like them both about the same.

I wonder who's going to be in the 4th game besides the core set of characters. I'm kind of hoping for Lucario, but that doesn't seem likely. Zoroark would definitely be an acceptable substitute.
  • My Mario Kart Double Dash disc didn't work, so I turned it in for another one.

That one didn't work either. >:/
    Only true Mario Kart is the first one. The SNES one.
  • edited 2012-04-14 23:10:22
    Theyre all ok Lets not start à game war mk somethings are Better than others however, all are ok in my eyes bc all are of Nintendo and thats what counts ^_^
  • edited 2012-04-14 23:43:08
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm kind of hoping for Lucario, but that doesn't seem likely

He's in Brawl.

Requires a thorough unlocking though.

• SSBB is a decent game however preferably though go for the N64 
    Super Smash Bros. Melee. Start from the beginning ^_^ you will not regret it ^_^

SSBB is awesome!

It has Snake in it! :D

• or however it is spelt
    eh...."goes and looks at the n64 game....."....ah yes it was.....Super Smash Bros.
  • true but, who doesn't like starting with a classic ?

Super Smash Bros. is great too!

• N64s are not terribly common anymore though, and emulators of it are a bitch to run. Or at least they are for me.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "I like Mario Kart 64."
  • edited 2012-04-15 08:55:50
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    He's in Brawl.

That's why I think it's unlikely. They seem to rotate out every Pokémon character except Pikachu. Granted, this is a "pattern" from 2 games where there was someone besides Pikachu.

Also, Mario Kart 64 looks pretty fun. I've also heard good things about the new 3DS Mario Kart, which I am continuing to pester myself about eventually getting.
  • TheRavenClaw,
    Theyre all ok Lets not start à game war mk somethings are Better than
    others however, all are ok in my eyes bc all are of Nintendo and thats
    what counts ^_^

Speaking of Mario Kart, what are everyone's favorite characters/karts?
    I always used to play as Koopa Troopa. I beat the 150cc Special Cup using him, which I was told was impossible, but that didn't matter.
  • My favorite character is donkey kong/yoshi/bowser.

Yoshi because -- he is quite fast

Donkey Kong & Bowser ---- because they are both brutes and i like to cart bump people sometimes xD
  • edited 2012-05-01 18:07:38
    How appropriate. The last discussion was about Mario Kart.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Mario Kart 7's 150cc Special and Lightning Circuits for some reason. The AI seems a lot more aggressive, and I seem to lose control and fall into pits more often. Maybe I should practice a little more?
  • Dry Bones from the DS
    My favorite characters are Yoshi and Bowser, though I use Luigi and Koopa Troopa on occasion. My favorite karts from 7 seem to be the Soda Jet and the Barrel Train.
  • LWLW
    edited 2012-05-02 14:22:05

ProfessorGator,
    Yeah, if pits and stuff like that are giving you some trouble, practice does seem to make sense. That way I guess you can kind of memorize the courses. You may just happen to be unlucky right now though. Speaking of 7, what do you think of that new Lucky Seven item thing?

As for favorite karts/characters, I guess I like Baby Luigi. When he is not available I go for either R.O.B., Yoshi, or Shy Guy.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Finished Rainbow Road with Princess Krew represent
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Btw, is it bad that it took me 6 months to know that the Goddess Lullaby is Zedla's lullaby backwards?
    Sorry I'm late with the response, but the Lucky Seven is pretty interesting. Admittedly, I sometimes use it a bit awkwardly when I have trouble deciding which items to use first.

Come to think of it, I should probably get the Bob-Omb out of the way first if I can. If anyone runs into it, it'll take me and all six other items with it.
  • LWLW
    edited 2012-05-05 01:03:29

Sorry I'm late with the response, but the Lucky Seven is pretty interesting. Admittedly, I sometimes use it a bit awkwardly when I have trouble deciding which items to use first.

Using the Bob-Omb first does make sense, but I agree that the Lucky Seven is rare enough that chances are pretty good that you will be too surprised by the fact that you actually got it to do anything useful with it. I guess it is still about 10 times more helpful than the lightning cloud though.