dammit google

imageYou call that fixed width?!

Comments

• are some of these characters one-and-a-half character width characters?
  • Who knows, but it lines up properly in vim.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    sounds like it's pulling from a fallback font
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yeah, the intersection symbol looks a little lighter than the rest, so my guess is that whatever font it's defaulting to doesn't include that character and it's pulling from a fallback with a slightly different width.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    this looks like math and/or maths
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's almost like Tatterhood is a math major or something!!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Who needs a maths major when you have a maths first sea lord, though?
  • Yeah, the intersection symbol looks a little lighter than the rest, so my guess is that whatever font it's defaulting to doesn't include that character and it's pulling from a fallback with a slightly different width.

The last two lines each have exactly one intersection symbol so it can't be just that, I don't think? It could be both that and the × though.

Although the equals signs look lined up to me even though both of those symbols appear on the first line and the rest just have spaces, but maybe it's doing something special for spaces or the two cancel out somehow.