Fox Family

Nobody ever talks about this channel

All I know about it is that Myr liked Big Wolf on Campus

Comments

• TreTre
    edited 2017-12-01 06:15:31
    iirc it aired Malcolm in the Middle reruns

also the second logo for it ended up being the basis for ABC Family’s identity later (originally with a direct replacement of the ‘FOX’ but with an ABC logo in the mark, then just by keeping the same typeface style for the ‘family’ until the channel became Freeform)
  • TreTre
    edited 2017-12-01 06:18:49

the visual identity of the channel when it looked like this was honestly so much more memorable than any of the programming itself, though I guess that makes sense given that I was, like, four/five when they were using it
  • So I’m checking out an archive of some of the ads they ran at that point and my hypothesis mostly stands, but still, some thoughts

(There’s 13 more recordings from that day on the channel on YouTube)

- most of the first set of these were recorded during an airing of Mega Babies, a show that I wouldn’t have known about at all if not for Pan-Pizza, and a b s o l u t e l y not one I intend to see any more of beyond, like, the intro
    - apparently Angela Anaconda aired there! which is odd, I mostly associate it with Nickelodeon (likely because that may have been where it went after Disney let the rights lapse)
    - the commercials for ‘Total Access 24/7’ make me wonder if S Club 7 aired while Fox owned the station, though I feel like it might have been either just after the ABC switch or a show that made the jump
    - looks like Braceface aired there too; I 100% know that Disney held on to that because it aired on Disney Channel for a little while when I was slightly older
    - I have no idea what the show ‘Camp Candy’ is/was
    - Lego Island 2 looks fuckin FUN
    - I distinctly remember when Mighty Kids Meals were introduced (and, in turn, when McDonald’s dropped that branding and just started using the Happy Meal name for the slightly larger ones too)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Angela Anaconda actually originated on Nick's KaBlam!, but when it got made into a series, it was a show produced by Decode (the future "D" in DHX Media) that Fox Kids/Family held the US rights to.

Its co-creator, Sue Rose, also created my beloved Pepper Ann, which is much nicer to look at.

Also, Camp Candy is a John Candy Saturday morning cartoon that Saban Entertainment happened to own the rights to. As a result, it is presumably trapped in the Disney Vault forever.
    Also, when ABC Family redid their logo in 2003, "family" was switched to Helvetica from Univers.
    and yes, S Club 7 was a Fox Family thing
    there's future bronco peyton manning
  • I clicked this hoping for an actual family of foxes and was quite disappointed.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Angela Anaconda was the show I watched before Big Wolf on Campus came on
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god

I clicked this hoping for an actual family of foxes and was quite disappointed.

Odradek said:

Angela Anaconda was the show I watched before Big Wolf on Campus came on

see that's what i remembered

I clicked this hoping for an actual family of foxes and was quite disappointed.

i thought you would be "of age" to remember FF at least vaguely?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I remember it, but I also just like cute fox pictures. :P