First World Problems.

edited 2012-04-04 20:54:30 in General
Unsure if thread already exists. Who can whine the most?

Getting up to plug in and unplug the air conditioner is such a paaain. D:>

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    Someone mocked me over the internet. WAAHHH
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My favorite artist does not share all of my world views! I can no longer enjoy their work!
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Why does Oregon have stat controlled liquor stores! It's such a pain!
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My clock radio is a better clock than it is a radio! WAAAAAH!
  • Why does Oregon have stat controlled liquor stores! It's such a pain!
    I know, what's up with needing a +12 in Arcana to buy rum?

Huh, that's more of a "Faerun" world problem, then a "first" world problem the way I have it...
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    QQ

I only have water to drink
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Waah I have bodily functions!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO a stupid meme is trying to make me feel guilty for living in the first world and not being totally happy! Fuck that noise
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    (Hey guys I'm an attention whore with) crippling depression!

Do I win?
    O hai Degenerate Whore. How goes it?
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Allow my avatar to answer that question for me. :3
  • Food stamps are out 'till Wednesday.

See, the first world can still suck.
    Suckiness is the essence of life.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    I'm poor and I'm sick.
    Sorry for derailing but what do food stamps do?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Electronics still aren't cheap enough.

Third world countries need to work harder to meet my needs!

Food stamps are part of a government subsidy program where you go to someone, show you don't have a great deal of money, and they give you a card (at least, there is a card in Washington state) that works like a debit card, but only on food and (non-alcoholic) beverages. 

Home much money you get (I think it's bi-weekly) depends on how much you currently don't have. 

There are other factors, like family members and such that can increase the amount.
  • edited 2012-04-09 23:53:03
    A cool fanfic I read with an interesting concept didn't even get past one chapter!

BAWWW!
  • ^ ^ It's once a month, $230-ish for the 3 of us.

So, not a lot, clearly.

One of my favorite web-comics was on hiatus following a computer malfunction. But it's back now.
  • This site doesn't work on my mobile! WAAAAH!

Heaper Hangout? It works on mine. 

Though not as well as it could...
    American Chocolate is well too sweet :/

Yes, yes it is.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    People are using First World Problems as a platform to mock problems and that offends me because

I kinda assumed "first world problems" where sort of not really problems.

Speaking of which, the internet can be awfully pedantic (this is not directed at anyone here).

Our new Kitchen sink doesn't have a lot of water pressure. 

The toilet downstairs doesn't always flush correctly.

Oh, also T-Mobile shut off our Hotspot capabilities on our phone because apparently, they think it's OK to charge $15 a month for something the phone ALREADY FUCKING DOES. 

They basically just get free money from people because they're already charging them for Bandwidth.

This if the first time I felt T-Mobile was actually evil instead of just money hungry.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I like washing my dishes with really really hot water, but my kitchen sink only gets really hot.

The latest episode of a show I like isn't on demand yet.

I already filled my iPod and now I have to put this really cool album I just downloaded perfectly legally on the other iPod that I barely use.

Gah, the scroll bar on my mouse is stupid sensitive. I keep shrinking pages when I try to click on things.

Also, there is just too much god damn beer and new alcohol to try around here! I've already blown my alcohol budget for the week, and I KEEP SEEING THINGS I'VE NEVER DRUNK BEFORE!

I'm also low on some of my liquors. But I keep blowing money on new drinks! 

IT'S LIKE SOPHIE'S FUCKING CHOICE UP IN THIS BITCH!

• It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I got into a dumb argument on Facebook about a pony picture with someone from my high school who posted it. I didn't expect them to take me seriously, but now she and her boyfriend think I'm a real jerk.

Huh...what was said pony picture?
  • edited 2012-04-28 05:53:58
    It's 4:20 somewhere.

I responded with:

If you like these so much, you should browse the sites that don't repackage them several months after their creation and add shitty watermarks.

We started out trading little barbs at first, but I guess at some point she got pissed. I could paste the whole thing, but I'm not going to assume anyone cares unless they specifically ask for it.

Ah.

I'm too lazy to figure out if images exist sans-watermarks. :P

Didn't take that long just using Google image search.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Not looking for an argument or anything, but does anyone really give a shit about where you get an image?  If you want to make a big deal about ownership the picture is Hasbro's and the words are from Weebl's Stuff anyway.

Oh, Google image search is amazing, yes.

Usually if I find a pic using it though, I just assume it's the original.

Unless it's tiny, than I usually look for different sizes.
    It's not where you get an image from that's all that important, but where you find them. She could have seen it and many other amusing pictures quite a while ago if she used other sites.
    I guess, though a lot of stuff gets posted on Ponibooru so you have to search around a bit to find anything good.

(I am on topic for this thread.)
    Okay, but besides that there's posting/lurking on forums where that sort of thing gets posted. That way you don't even have to actively search for anything.
    Yeah, true.

"(I am on topic for this thread.)"

It's in general, you're allowed to deviate a bit. :P

I usually find hilarious  pony picks by accident in a Google image search for something else, so I'm sure I've posted many a watermarked pony pick that was "clean" elsewhere.

The thing is, unless they're plastered on the center of the pick, I don't even notice watermarks. That is, unless someone points it out to me. Though it never really distracts me from the picture itself.
  • Okay, but besides that there's posting/lurking on forums where that sort of thing gets posted. That way you don't even have to actively search for anything.

I am still baffled that this matters to anyone.

I have a friend who is a huge elitist about any meme or meme-like picture that is taken from anywhere but 4chan. And it fucking confuses me.

It's a random picture that took someone maybe a minute and a half to make. Who cares?

• edited 2012-04-28 12:52:45
    It's 4:20 somewhere.
    ^^Yeah, I remember how you don't notice that. I'm not really going to get on your case about it.

^It's not that it matters that much. It's just that you can look less like a douche with a little bit more effort.
  • How does posting a watermarked picture make anyone look like a douche except the person who "calls it out"?

Example, the other day someone embedded a song called "Flyentology" on their page. I posted this Philosoraptor, as he's making a joke about said song. The only difference was that the version I posted had a tiny watermark in the corner.

Less than a minute later, he (who wasn't even the one who posted the song) posts "would be funnier without the mark. Epic Fail."

how does that make me a douche?

Well I'm not saying it's not an overreaction, but it's still kind of annoying to see that there.

It's like, you know how when you watch a video on the screen and the cursor is still on it? Doesn't that just bother you?

It doesn't make you a horrible person for not noticing or caring, but the fact is that other people do. It's a minor thing, and I don't consider it especially rude to refuse to bother, but it does present an opportunity to be courteous. The only reasons I ever brought it up with that person was just for a bit of taking the piss between mates as I guess brits might say, as well as just letting her know something that she might not have. Truth is that I don't care enough to get into a fight over it, though it did end up happening because she didn't get that I wasn't entirely serious and got defensive.
  • edited 2012-04-28 13:38:57
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Poe's Law is definitely a first world problem. :P

The watermark thing is interesting, to me. Obviously there are some people to whom it sticks out like a sore thumb and their are people like Super Lazuli and I who probably wouldn't even have noticed or given something a second thought unless it's pointed out.

I, for example, can't for the life of me imagine how a watermark is an "epic fail" unless it's plastered across the center or something.