The WB letters

A fucking pain in the ass to work with.

This is one of many iterations of them, but it is, or very closely resembles, the modern-day official version of them.

Coming up with riffs on them, or trying to make them play nice with anything but the shield shape, is horribly painful. This is what happens when you still have a logo whose basic design LONG predates the emergence of graphic design in its modern form.

So what do I do?
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, I guess the first step would be...define your goal. What do you want to do with the letters?
  • why have you now made three threads about this same subject
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    make them play nice with the word "THE" and to make the WB letters look recognizable yet clearly differentiate them from other WB-related brands

I gave Warner Bros. Studios (a unit comprising Pictures and Television, along with M-G-M and DC Films) an informally-defined visual system, but other WB brands (Animation Group, Consumer Products, The WB, Kids' WB!, et al.) don't have such things right now, and the Animation Group has its own take on the shield logo at least, which builds precedent for not hewing 100% to more traditional iterations of it
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jane said:

why have you now made three threads about this same subject

poor organizational skills, mostly