ITT: We're at Hardee's

edited 2012-04-03 23:53:58 in Roleplay & Games
let's get a SIX DOLLAR BURGER

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    MOTHER OF FUCK MINDLINK
  • The sadness will last forever.

Mmmmmm....Six Dollar Burger.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I could go for a burger.
    There's no Hardee's in my area. Only Carl's Jr. which is probably the same thing as Hardee's.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Pretty much.

Funny thing is, Hardee's was once a separate chain with a unique menu until CKE Restaurants bought it in 1997 and made it pretty much Carl's Jr. in all but its name (they also gave it Carl's Jr.'s smiling star logo).
  • edited 2012-04-04 00:11:37
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The smiling star logo always makes me think of Marshie...I was exposed to Homestar Runner before I knew what Hardee's/Carl's Jr. was; they don't have them in my city.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    At first I was jelous because I've never been to a Hardee's, but if the same as Carl's Jr, then that's cool.

Carl's Jr. is awesome fast food.
  • I don't know if they're the same in terms of menu.
    I think at least some Hardee's locations have items unique to them; for instance, fried chicken as a holdover from Roy Rogers.
  • I like Frisco Burgers.

gorramit, I wish I had money so I could get one...
  • edited 2012-04-04 02:35:54
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Hardee's has kind of a weird history here. They had their own locations for a while, then they bought Roy Rogers from Marriott and all hell broke loose when they converted them all to Hardee's. They converted some of them back to Roy's in 1992, but after the CKE deal they ended up selling a bunch of them to McDonald's, who promptly tore them all down and built bog-standard McD's on the land. :P 

So now Hardee's has no presence in the DC area (the closest locations are south of the Rappahannock and on the Eastern Shore of MD), Roy's has a token presence after having been purchased from either CKE or Imasco (I forget which now) by Plamondon Bros. in Frederick, and McDonald's has a few more locations.
    For some reason I feel sad that Marriott wanted out of restaurants. i like my stupid diversified corporations.
    ...Why does thinking about Marriott make me want to own a hotel?
  • let's get a SIX DOLLAR BURGER

But Hardee's doesn't sell those! They make Thickburgers.

Which is pretty much the same thing but still.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Thickburgers sound like something I would think up.

WAWESOME!
  • "Thickburgers" sounds like beef-flavored milkshakes to me.
    Never had a Thickburger.
    I don't usually get to eat Hardee's except the once a year or so that I leave Central Ohio, since they don't have them here.

The last time was in Lexington, Kentucky last July.