I can smell the stripey music!

It's funny because it's grammatically correct but makes zero sense.

Comments

• maybe if you have no imagination it doesn't make sense
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Invisible green ideas sleep furiously.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You can't smell music

You can't smell stripes

Music can't be stripey

It works on so many different levels!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the White Stripes might disagree
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Invisible green ideas sleep furiously.

You know, people talk about how it's nonsense, but it makes perfect sense to me.  Just imagine a personified idea that is green, tossing and turning in its sleep under an invisibility cloak.

You can't smell music

You can't smell stripes

Music can't be stripey

It works on so many different levels!
    Synesthesia, yo.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's actually "Colorless green ideas", which makes even less sense because "colorless" and "green" directly contradict each other.
  • maybe the ideas are sometimes colorless, but other times acquire a green hue

or else, parts of them are green and other parts lack pigment.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    maybe "colorless" doesn't refer to literal colors
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Maybe "green" refers to being inexperienced and not the literal condition of reflecting or emitting more light in the middle of the visible spectrum than in the ends
  • kill living beings

It can only be the thought of verdure to come, which prompts us in the autumn to buy these dormant white lumps of vegetable matter covered by a brown papery skin, and lovingly to plant them and care for them. It is a marvel to me that under this cover they are labouring unseen at such a rate within to give us the sudden awesome beauty of spring flowering bulbs. While winter reigns the earth reposes but these colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

having fun are we
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That's actually amazingly done.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    vtk said:

Maybe "green" refers to being inexperienced and not the literal condition of reflecting or emitting more light in the middle of the visible spectrum than in the ends

someone used it to refer to some politician's environmental plans once
  • can also refer to money, thanks to U.S. currency bills using green ink
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Take that, Chomsky! 
  • also i think Muammar Gaddafi used green as his political ideology's and regime's theme color

so when he ruled Libya, the flag was just one solid rectangular block of green
  • also "turning green" is a sign of sickness, so it was used to make Mr. Yuk, a grimacing face that's supposed to indicate household substances that are poisonous, in a way that's less appealing to children than the skull and crossbones
  • also used to mark St. Patrick's Day

the Chicago River turning green is used to mark St. Patrick's Day festivities

but waters turning green elsewhere is not necessarily as welcome, as it may indicate an unhealthy algal bloom.  (turning red is another such color.)