people snarking about the "hamburger" emoji being rendered as a cheeseburger

A cheeseburger is a hamburger, you dense morons.

Not all hamburgers are cheeseburgers, true, but all cheeseburgers are hamburgers. Duh.

this totally deserved its own thread.

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Joke's on you, it's clearly a chicken burger with brown food colouring on it.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    burgers D:
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Centie. :I
  • Hamburgers and Frankfurters
  • okay i don't get this whole thing

what even is going on

i barely found out about it because some "NATIONAL NEWS" slideshow at the tax office today made a mention of it, alongside Sarah Huckabee Sanders insisting that the indictments have nothing to do with the Trump-Russia scandal
  • Well, the "whole thing" is that google's burger emoji has the ingredients arranged in a strange way.

I haven't seen anybody snarking about the mere fact that it is a cheeseburger.
  • kill living beings
    cheese under the meat... that's a bit weird, yeah.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Algebra said:

Well, the "whole thing" is that google's burger emoji has the ingredients arranged in a strange way.

It's mostly the former but I've seen at least a couple of the latter as well
  • kill living beings
    on the other hand, apple has the lettuce under everything, which is also unusual i think
  • wait

there is a standard order for ingredients in a cheeseburger?
    ketchup on top

then cheese

then the cow

that's it for me
  • edited 2017-10-30 23:57:47
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    well, and the bun
  • Algebra said:

Well, the "whole thing" is that google's burger emoji has the ingredients arranged in a strange way.

It's mostly the former but I've seen at least a couple of the latter as well
    oh yeah I just saw one
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-10-31 00:09:02

wait

Yeah.  Splattered out so half of them are hanging most of the way off the bun, because apparently "fast food" means "we hurl all the ingredients from a trebuchet and hope they all land on the bread".

I get that fast food workers are some of the most stressed people in the country, but good lord, we can wait another few seconds while you actually assemble the damn thing.
  • kill living beings
    and those trebuchets are ANSI compliant, dammit!!
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    "No hamburger. Cheeseburger!"
  • Bee said:

wait

Yeah.  Splattered out so half of them are hanging most of the way off the bun, because apparently "fast food" means "we hurl all the ingredients from a trebuchet and hope they all land on the bread".

I get that fast food workers are some of the most stressed people in the country, but good lord, we can wait another few seconds while you actually assemble the damn thing.
    "We" can, but managers can't.
  • idk man my mom worked at a mcdonald's for almost 40 years and pretty much a few times a week on the dot she'd recount a story of how someone threw something at her or similarly inflicted actual physical violence over not getting their fucking food fast enough. I think most people would rather just make a somewhat messy sandwich than take the risk that this particular customer is the one who's gonna go apeshit.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Bee said:

wait

"We" can, but managers can't.
    this, basically

that said you are supposed to centralize the dressings and it's really not difficult to do so providing you're following procedures (and not trying to prepare 8 Big Macs at a time you absolute maniac)
    I need my burger now

Time waits for no cow
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    also it kind of varies?  you get some customers who you apologize that there will be a wait for food, which usually means a couple minutes, and they're surprised because it's not a long time from their perspective

but then there's the familiar scenario where a customer asks for a customized order and you tell them there will be a short wait for it, and they roll their eyes at you like you should have had it there, cooked and ready the moment they drove up
  • I always try to be polite and cheerful when stuff goes wrong for fast food workers, but yeah people are pretty often total asshats to them.

There was this one dude in front of me who was asking for a custom order for a lettuce wrap, but he kept changing what burger he wanted and getting pissy when the cashier had to keep revising it.  Fucking asshole.