How does Pippi Longstocking sleep with her head under the covers without suffocating?

I tried Googling "how does pippi longstocking not suffocate" but it just gave me pages about the series' classic mid-century Swedish racism

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it used to annoy me as a kid that I couldn't do this
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    To be fair, you probably can't do lots of things Pippi Longstocking can do.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Ty94zdK.jpg
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    the funny part is...i can totally picture pippi doing that
    right, see, that's what I wanted to do
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i was in the habit of sleeping with my head under the covers for warmth for several years, it is survivable, idk maybe i was lucky

i assume Longstocking just breathes more strongly than most people or something
    Pippi Longstocking does everything more strongly than most people, so that's plausible.
    I personally did not find it survivable, hence why I'm dead
    I suppose the real answer is that these books practically run on nonsense, and in most regards, Pippi being able to sleep with her head under a blanket is probably one of the less absurd aspects.

But I like questioning things.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I have a CPAP machine and so I can totally do this 😊
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-10-20 06:27:37
    It's really not hard to sleep under the covers and breathe.  It's not like fabric is airtight or anything.  I do it all the time in winter to insulate heat better and skimp on heating bills

^ I'd think that would be harder, with the exhalation port blowing against the blanket in your face.  Noisy and cold.
  • I personally did not find it survivable, hence why I'm dead

stop being dead, then
    no
  • no

I'll get you next time, Imipolex, if it's the last thing I doooooooo!
    eh steve