we arent in the darkest timeline

in the darkest timeline the blossoming of the thinkpiece industry coincided w/ the publishing Freakonomics

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh jeez.
  • what about the one where lavos destroyed the world in 1999
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    that one spared us Nickelback, therefore it was not the darkest timeline
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tamlin said:

in the darkest timeline the blossoming of the thinkpiece industry coincided w/ the publishing Freakonomics

on the other hand, maybe then the authors would have gotten shit for giving free advertising to a patent troll
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Calica said:

Tamlin said:

on the other hand, maybe then the authors would have gotten shit for giving free advertising to a patent troll
    wait what
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I thought you hated Community
  • what is Community
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It is a sitcom about a study group who attend community college

"The darkest timeline" is a joke from it
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Huh. TIL.
  • i did not know the origins of my own joke...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    internet osmosis
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    lee4hmz said:

Calica said:

Tamlin said:

wait what
    nathan myhrvold got a glowing profile for coming up with geoengineering reviews to stop global warming in superfreakonomics

except intellectual ventures is a patent troll, they come up with things they can throw into patents and then sue people for not knowing exist
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i've never read freakonomics, but i remember reading an economics textbook in which the author was quite scathing about it

he accused freakonomics of economics imperialism, of seeking to explain everything and forgetting to talk about the economy
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Calica said:

lee4hmz said:

Calica said:

Tamlin said:

wait what
    nathan myhrvold got a glowing profile for coming up with geoengineering reviews to stop global warming in superfreakonomics

except intellectual ventures is a patent troll, they come up with things they can throw into patents and then sue people for not knowing exist
    oh great

I miss the days when patent protection required having a working model or a product to show