ok so uh

Do you Americans really consider avocados vegetables??? Like, you put it on toast and eat it with meat and stuff????

Comments

• kill living beings
    I don't know what avocados are dude. Some California thing. Looks like a fruit
  • kill living beings
    also, the culinary distinction between "fruit" and "vegetable" is a social construct. Avocados are actually sandwiches
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I don't know what avocados are dude. Some California thing. Looks like a fruit

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard
    Alduin said:

Do you Americans really consider avocados vegetables??? Like, you put it on toast and eat it with meat and stuff????

Yes.
  • Avocado toast is just weird.

Avocados are weird.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Avocados are delicious, though admittedly I usually eat them in the form of guacamole dip
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Avocados, like other things beginning with A such as aubergines and asparagus, are bad.
  • you...you

what
  • y-you're supposed to eat avocados mashed

with sugar and ice
  • kill living beings
    avocado is the state fruit of california so there's the answer to that bit (state vegetable is artichokes)
    You eat them with salt
  • kill living beings
    you know what else you mash? potatoes. which are a vegetable under some definitions
  • American decadence is truly out of control.
    You cut it in half

You put salt on it

You eat it with a spoon
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Alduin said:

y-you're supposed to eat avocados mashed

with sugar and ice
    nah

you mash it into a paste, add salt, and put it on your tacos
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Avocados, like other things beginning with A such as asparagus, are bad.

Oh Alice, Alice, Alice... nope, sorry. :|
  • uhh sorry if you're going to refer to us as "you Americans" you also have to insinuate that we have an obesity epidemic that is somehow our fault and also you can't actually say american it has to be "merkin".

also: avocados are fictional
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It's not merkin over here, it's Yanks.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Either way this here Yank knows you're just plain wrong. Sorry girl.
  • It's not merkin over here, it's Yanks.

I thought it was "colonials".

Or is that only British hipsters and not just British assholes in general.
  • abogados avocados are actually a rather convenient food because they're nice and creamy with their own distinctive flavor that's not very strong so you can put salt OR sugar on it and they taste good

i used to add sugar and eat them
    but they are also used to make guacamole which is a savory/salty condiment