Okay so like

People realize Slipknot, the man who can climb anything, instantly dying is supposed to be funny, right?

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I sure didn't, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with this stuff.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Slipknot? never liked 'em
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • kill living beings
    what, the band?
    There's a character in Suicide Squad named Slipknot who is introduced as "the man who can climb anything" and then immediately dies when he tries to run away

This is somehow not taken as intentionally funny, because a joke isn't a joke unless it's a quip smirked at the camera written by Joss Whedon and said by one of the 15 interchangeable Marvel Chris's
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    oh, just some capeshit
  • He can climb anything. [citation needed]
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I haven't seen that movie but isn't the point of that scene that Amanda Waller has bombs in all the Suicide Squad members and can blow them up whenever she likes
    Yes
  • It would be funnier if he was given a proper introduction as a main cast member, which would create audience engagement in the joke.
    Hexartes said:

It would be funnier if he was given a proper introduction as a main cast member, which would create audience engagement in the joke.

IMO no.
    I have thought about it, and no, it wouldn't.
  • Yeah. They couldn't even bank on Slipknot's lack of intro because, iirc, Katana was also introduced out of order and without the usual intro. If they had given him a proper intro, the contrast between 'this guy is just as important' and 'instant headsplodey' would have been funny. If he was the only character w/o an intro, and they played a bit more into his imminent red-shirting, it would have played better.
    All it would have done is make people more intentionally obtuse about obvious jokes
    Also not a fan of this thread being necroed
  • I've been wanting to make this post for a while and I never seem to find the right time for it. It always either feels like the inappropriate thread for it or you seem to be in too much of an emotional state for it or somesuch, but I figure if I keep sitting on this sentiment I'll never find the right time to say it.

You seem to approach all of your opinions on media under the assumption that people you disagree with can only have reached their conclusions by bias, or malice, or some form of emotional dishonesty, while being simultaneously terrified at others reading anything like that into your own motives. You have really interesting tastes and I'd love to see you actually explore them, but whether by unwillingness or inability you never seem to actually examine your own taste critically in any meaningful way and instead immediately resort to petulant defensiveness and being insulting.
  • edited 2017-09-05 16:55:56
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Locked by request (requested before the second-to-last post was made a thing, mind).
This discussion has been closed.