Press X to Consume Marijuanas

I have been wondering how Marijuana was.

Curious about it really.
Tagged:

Comments

• it's like getting buzzed, except more giggly

being high with friends and/or loved ones is fun
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Never had any

It smells horrible
  • I'm that dork who will probably try it when it gets legalized
  • edited 2017-07-17 12:15:19
    kill living beings
    relaxing enough, but takes some experience to avoid coughing fits

Also don't get drunk.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I actually feel like weed takes the edge off being drunk myself, but that's probably not a universal opinion.
  • as a drug that's been legalized in areas to help deal with pain.

It's also a double-edged sword in that you can basically ignore all your bodies rest / tiredness symptoms..
    which sounds great when you don't need it, and can almost get you killed when you do need them.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I've given it a few tries and my overall opinion: "Eh."
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Anonus said:

Never had any

It smells horrible

• BeeBee
    edited 2017-07-17 17:21:30
    Anonus said:

Never had any

It smells horrible

This.  Also it gives me a headache.  A few years ago we had this asshole in the apartment right below us who lit up his whole room literally every night, and it came right up through the floor.  We ended up getting inspected because our room stank almost as badly as theirs.  Fucking hate Portland.

Medical benefits are...difficult to measure.  The studies are so often plagued with selection bias and small sample sizes because everyone involved has a motive.  The differences appear to be significant but relatively small and prone to variance, which would logically peg it as a secondary approach when typical treatments don't take or have other risks.

And of course there are medical marijuana products available that aren't smoked and/or don't get you high, but they're in suspiciously low demand.  If a doctor ever prescribes you anything smokable, chances are either he's a front, or you're terminally ill.  Of course the US writes like 90% of the world's prescriptions for highly addictive opioids, so I guess the whole place just sucks in general.

Also inb4 the Pride of Baghdad marijuana edit.
    that said, it has inspired a lot of good music!
  • kill living beings

I actually feel like weed takes the edge off being drunk myself, but that's probably not a universal opinion.

being drunk doesn't really have an "edge" for me, but being crossfaded was like being truck and also my skin was trying to evert. not in an unpleasant way, but it was kind of strange
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've also never tried it.

I'm pretty much straight-edge, which I worry makes me lame.
    One time in high school this girl was talking to me and she was all "so, do you drink?" "No." "Do you smoke?" "No." "Do you do drugs?" "No." "Well, you're boring!"

So, yeah, we're lame
  • My dad's anecdote with regards to marijuana:

When he was a wee lad, he would play hide-and-seek with friends.  They'd run through and hide in grassy fields.  At some point they figured out the bright idea of attempting to flush their targets out of hiding in the grass by lighting the grass on fire, which would create a lot of smoke and a foul smell.

Years later, my dad went to Amsterdam, he happened to come by a street where people were smoking lots of weed.

The smell...was the same foul smell that was generated by burning grass while playing hide and seek.
  • edited 2017-07-17 18:02:14

One time in high school this girl was talking to me and she was all "so, do you drink?" "No." "Do you smoke?" "No." "Do you do drugs?" "No." "Well, you're boring!"

So, yeah, we're lame

i like being straight-edge and lame >:D

leaves me time to be spicy by getting involved in political controversies
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-07-17 18:15:00

hide-and-seek with friends

attempting to flush their targets out of hiding in the grass by lighting the grass on fire,

Look I don't want to be the Gen X helicopter parent that tries to outlaw soccer, but...uh...
  • kill living beings
    i know somebody who synthesizes their own drugs to imbibe and they're still a big ol nerd

We Can't Be Cool
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers

I've given it a few tries and my overall opinion: "Eh."

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I don't drink or smoke either, and I've wondered in the past if it may have cost me friends or kept me off invitation lists.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-07-17 20:19:43
    I'm sure it has for me; none of the ones I'd have wanted.

I mean a lot of my friends would drink a lot, but they were totally okay with me staying sober, just like I was okay with them drinking and making asses of themselves as long as they didn't, like, break fucking windows while drunk or completely stink up the place.  I was in a fraternity in Oregon, after all.

A few of them did weed a few times, but I can only think of two who did regularly and they were both kinda assholes (one got kicked out over it and the other ended up in rehab because he started selling all his shit to get more weed).  UO was one of those campuses that people would literally light up on the campus patrol's doorstep on 4/20.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    My dad was an alcoholic and I have enough issues that I'm not keen on adding addictive substances to the mix anyway

It helps that the few tastes of alcoholic beverages I've had thoroughly disgusted me