College Questions

Not sure, but is there any way one can just go to the college for one or two specific classes, even if it forfeits their ability to earn a degree? Do colleges allow things like that?

Comments

• kill living beings
    maybe at a community college. find an advisor to talk to, they'd love to take any amount of your money.
  • edited 2017-07-06 00:28:34
    Universities/colleges and community colleges generally allow people to enroll as "non-degree" students.  There's much less of an application process, but you're not counted as part of a degree-granting program and stuff you take does not make you any progress toward any certificate, diploma, etc. -- though you will end up with a transcript with grades and such and you will be able to show potential employers this transcript if the need/desire occurs.  And yes, you will need to pay tuition and actually do the work a normal student would do in such a class.

If you want to sit in on a class, auditing it on the record often also requires tuition but there will be a record in your transcript that you audited it, I think.  (Unless the prof just lets you join unofficially, which I think is generally not permitted by university rules, though if the class is just a big lecture and you don't join in activities like field trips or labwork and you aren't disruptive, I don't think anyone really cares that much, though come exam time you might not want to show up and those times people are handing in papers may be awkward.)  Times when this happens are rare, except maybe for a few people who are really curious about a class but for whatever strange reason they don't want to actually take the class formally.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    You could probably just show up to lectures and be okay if they're big enough, to be honest. Pick one with like 100 people and just go to it. 
  • kill living beings
    i got kicked out for doing that once. fuckers
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

i got kicked out for doing that once. fuckers

...how on Earth did they find out?
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Might've been a test day or something. 

But, I mean, getting told to stop going is basically the worst they will do in that situation. 
  • kill living beings
    well, i'm misrepresenting it, the professor knew me and asked me to leave because I was late on tuition. still annoying