The theaters are extended gutters and the gutters are full of Content and when the drains finally

scab all the Consumers will drown. The accumulated filth of all their Cinematic Universes and hatewatching will foam up about their waists and all the internet critics and fanboys will look up and shout "Save us!"

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    are there even any coherent Cinematic Universes beyond Marvel?
    seriously it seems like every other attempt at a Cinematic Universe has either severely misfired, is experiencing growing pains, or hasn't gotten off the ground yet
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Well, there's the X-Men series OH WAIT you said "coherent', nevermind.
  • Fast & Furious
  • MetaFour said:

I mean in that regard it's a faithful adaptation of the source material.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Image result for unamused
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I suppose Star Wars is transitioning from "series" to "cinematic universe", what with the anthology films like Rogue One and the upcoming young Han Solo film.

Alduin said:

MetaFour said:

I mean in that regard it's a faithful adaptation of the source material.
    Can't argue with that.
    Image result for unamused
    I will not stand for discussion of The Worst Narrative Invention In Human History in this, my beloved Watchingmans thread
    do you not like X-Men in general? I thought that was just the '90s cartoon
    I am not huge on the X-Men in general

I think it has like, five good characters, and a whole lot of boring samey assholes
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The X-Men are a neat concept—"mutants" as a way to explore prejudice and oppression—but I could never get very into it, for some reason.
  • I despise the franchise, although I like individual things that aren't the mainstream comics.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The Doom Patrol were a better take on the idea and made for better comics.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Alduin said:

I despise the franchise, although I like individual things that aren't the mainstream comics.

I think I'm pretty much the same, although I actually really do like Wolverine as a character.
  • the best version of xmen is darker than black
    Darker Than Black is also a Nazi metal label.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Darker than Black is also the term I use when I can't remember, "Vantablack".
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Darker Than Black is also a Nazi metal label.

Which is weird, because last I checked, Nazis claimed to be all about white.
  • The Doom Patrol were a better take on the idea and made for better comics.

core concept aside I don't think the two have much in common honestly
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    To my understanding, they started out pretty similar, but deviated far away from each other over time.
    They mostly put out black metal acts. They were also formed by a dude who fled to the US from Germany after serving a prison term for murdering a teenager as part of some weird Satanic Nazi ritual thing. I'm not even joking.
    isn't the X-Men basically a soap opera with superheroes
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    wait are they really putting the watchmen characters in the dc universe proper