"Homosexuals stole the rainbow from God!!"

For as often as you see this said, I'm surprised we haven't seen some fundie publish a faux cease-and-desist letter for the news media to inexplicably dignify with coverage

Cue people linking me to examples of this already having happened

Comments

• fox news wants peta to be angry if they get mercilessly skewered into oblivion
  • By this reasoning, isn't using any symbol for any purpose stealing it from God?
  • please let god have it back
  • let the demiurge devour it and crawl back into the cave from which it came
  • The Gays Stole The Rainbow From The Leprechauns And Now They're Embezzling All The Gold
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Besides God is obviously gay
  • Calica said:

i don't think God is very happy with the current state of the world, so i can't say that he's gay
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Calica said:

i don't think God is very happy with the current state of the world, so i can't say that he's gay
    Now look what you've done. You've killed it. Murdered it dead. Didn't anyone ever teach you that murder is wrong? :|
  • Reminder that Larry Craig is not happy.
  • I...don't think I've actually ever heard this.  Is this an Ohio thing?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    no Pennsylvanians say it too
  • probably a conservative christian's generic throwaway insult sort of thing
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    It's that like "Lenny Bruce is not okay"?
  • Calica said:

Now look what you've done. You've killed it. Murdered it dead. Didn't anyone ever teach you that murder is wrong? :|

The Gay Science (1882)
  • Christians stole the Jesus fish from Neptune.
  • Like Prometheus stealing fire from the heavens for the Greeks

Prometheus is a messianic figure.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I really must admit, though, it is a little obnoxious how the rainbow is so associated with one thing.

It makes it a bit awkward to use it for anything else.

Maybe I'm just biased because I liked to doodle rainbows in middle school, and people gave me crap for, "supporting the gay agenda", when 11-year-old me just wanted to draw some nice color sequences.
  • Aliroz said:

I really must admit, though, it is a little obnoxious how the rainbow is so associated with one thing.

Maybe I'm just biased because I liked to doodle rainbows in middle school, and people gave me crap for, "supporting the gay agenda", when 11-year-old me just wanted to draw some nice color sequences.

Agreed, though I blame this problem om those people who do this associating, for being insufficiently open-minded and skeptical of their own presumptions.
  • kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

mario kart is a good thing to be associated with though
  • edited 2017-04-27 16:30:06
    also i personally associate a rainbow with...

well, a rainbow.  and rain, and sunlight, and optics.

also a nice photo of my college campus that features a rainbow.

i mean, i _know_ that the rainbow flag is used as a symbol for the LGBTQ rights movement, but that's not the first thing I think of, and if that is the first thing you (general "you", not anyone here specifically) think of and that bothers you, then you should spend more time thinking about optics and prisms and weather since that's where the thing originally comes from.

Aliroz said:

mario kart is a good thing to be associated with though
    Counterpoint: Rainbow Road is garbage.
  • rainbow road is fine i have no clue why people have an issue with falling off the edge
  • edited 2017-04-27 16:54:18
    rainbow road is only awesome when you CAN fall off the ledge

mk64 rainbow road is boring because you can't

see, it's gotta be both gloriously pretty and awesome-looking but also the most difficult track in the game; that's what makes it worth it

the gayest karting track
    it's a bad track, bront
  • rainbow road is only awesome when you CAN fall off the ledge

mk64 rainbow road is boring because you can't

see, it's gotta be both gloriously pretty and awesome-looking but also the most difficult track in the game; that's what makes it worth it

On the other hand:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I approve of this derail

Also, if I'm a queer Avenue, does that make me a Rainbow Road?
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-04-27 20:07:43
    I totally didn't realize until watching that video that your guy in SNES kart would actually look around as you passed someone.

Also you could definitely fall off the track in 64 Rainbow Road.  There was a huge skip you could do by jumping off the first big downhill and landing halfway through the track, but you had to aim it really well because it was a LONG drop.
  • kill living beings
    it wasn't as common tho.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    rainbow road, it's where you go, when you die
    There was a British Nintendo magazine that mentioned that song, which had a line that went something like "about going to Rainbow Road when you die (presumably of boredom if you're playing the N64 version)".

• the gayest karting track

hooooooly SHIT.

and that's not even using bowser or dkjr!
    I always chose Koopa Troopa back in the day.

Hell, I chose Koopa Troopa just last week.
  • I always chose Koopa Troopa back in the day.

Hell, I chose Koopa Troopa just last week.

I did that for normal races but then I could barely get anywhere in 100cc special cup.

I used Bowser for my personal record times in time trial.

• the gayest karting track

hooooooly SHIT.

and that's not even using bowser or dkjr!
    Honestly I doubt they could have pulled that off.  That hinged entirely around keeping full throttle around those hairpins.
    I beat the 150cc Special Cup using Koopa Troopa back in the day.

I am not making this up
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion

you should spend more time thinking about optics and prisms and weather since that's where the thing originally comes from.

This is a sentiment I can totally get behind.
    Yesterday my sister told me she thought she drove under a rainbow once. I was like, rainbows do not work that way.