I can't believe Carl's Jr./Hardee's is ditching the smiling star

I don't usually get mad about logo changes but this one bothers me so much

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's the end of an era :(
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    wait what
  • I don't mind too much, though I was always kind of lowkey disgusted by the brand as a result of the, ahem, provocative advertising that accompanied the old one during its last years of life; if nothing else, I think it can be agreed upon that dropping that part of the strategy was the right call

I feel like I'd dig the new one more if they didn't bother with the angle, tho
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    The smiling star always looked kind of sinister to me.

Like a real-life version of Marshy.

• like, I still don't think I intend to eat there of my own volition anytime soon given that I still have this sinking feeling that I'll end up getting sick if I do so, but I'd be hella more likely to do so with ads like this vs. the Paris Hilton et al. shit they had before
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i've never gotten sick from Carl's Jr.
  • edited 2017-04-09 06:40:07
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I actually can't eat at Hardee's because there aren't any nearby. I think the closest one is in Garrisonville, which isn't that far away, but we don't really have any need to go down there on a regular basis.
  • yeah there's only one Hardee's in the entirety of PA I think?
    There's a Carl's Jr. not far from my house
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-04-09 08:00:34
    Anonus said:

i've never gotten sick from Carl's Jr.

They've been partnering with Green Burrito a lot lately, and that place has made me sick.
    They own Green/Red Burrito

The one near me offers Green Burrito items
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The nearest Hardee's to me is 40 minutes away in Circleville

Which is to say, it's not that far out of the way...but I never have a reason to go to Circleville, so I never end up eating there.