Washer and dryer in the kitchen

I wonder how common this is outside the US?

Even here, some houses have separate laundry rooms, but washer and dryer in the kitchen seems to be a pretty standard setup, especially in homes with no basement.

Comments

• I find that the setup you're talking about is more common in older houses in the US.
    Newer houses without a basement often have them in the hallway, garage, or a separate room somewhere (often next to the garage).
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Laundry rooms are practically unheard of here.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't think I've ever seen a house with the washer and dryer in the kitchen.
  • kill living beings
    i've only had this in my shitty tiny apartment where the kitchen was very ette and undifferentiated from anything anyway
  • I don't think I've ever seen a house with the washer and dryer in the kitchen.

I distinctly remember this one suburban Queens or maybe Valley Stream (in/near New York City, on Long Island) house with a one-car garage and a kitchen with washer and dryer like smack dab in between other things in the kitchen.

I remember seeing this setup in other places too but none are as memorable as that one.
  • At my old house we had the laundry room in the basement and moved the washer and dryer to the kitchen when we started renting out the bottom part of the house.

It wouldn't have been a problem except that that upstairs kitchen was already too small for the three of us and the laundry being in there only exacerbated that.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Where I live, houses have basements, and the laundry room is not in the kitchen.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    We have a closet space off the hall for our washer and dryer. This seems common in many apartments. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Both my grandmother's house (where I live) and my parents' house are little 1950s homes with no basements, and both have the washer and dryer in the kitchen.
  • My sister's house has the washing machine (no tumble dryer) in the kitchen, but she does live in a tiny semi-detached house with only two room downstairs: the living room and the kitchen.

In my house, we have a seperate room for the washing machine (again, no tumble dryer), and it's the same room where the dog sleeps at night.