IJBM: my permanent retainer

It exists to leave painful sores on my tongue, make flossing my front bottom teeth impossible which will probably cause gum disease, and make dentists tell me scare stories every time I ask them to take it out

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    for serious?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    yes
    bummer.

I never floss, though, personally. yntkt
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tell them you don't care about their ridiculous scare stories and you want it gone.

Part of the reason I have my weird fangs is I made it clear that I had no interest in unnecessary orthodontic work early on and stuck to it. It's your body, not theirs.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    What do they say will happen upon removal? 
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    My lower teeth will move
    Involuntarily, I presume.
    No one can see your lower teeth anyway, tbh. Mine have for sure shifted since I last had braces and used my retainer. 

Tell 'em to fuck off. Having perfect lower teeth isn't worth it unless there's, like, some INCREDIBLY negative side effect to your bite or something. 
  • I have had so much fucking bullshit done to my teeth and it can't fix the fundamental issue that I'm missing teeth. And when my mom fucked off to Pennsylvania I still had the braces and some apparatus on the roof of my mouth so who knows when that shit's going away.
  • edited 2017-03-29 00:09:25
    Anyway orthodontistry sucks. It's pointless bullshit and I spent months at a time in constant "I want to pull my fucking teeth out" level pain and now I'm stuck with the metal bullshit until I have the money and time to get them removed.
    I'm glad I had braces, mostly, but I only had the basic kind. I don't think anything much more involved would have been worth it to me. 
    I had all kinds of orthodonticals done to me as a kid. I'm not sure how much it helped. Was pretty torturous at the time, but my parents assured me it would be worth it. They always say that.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i lost my retainer and my teeth are probably losing all they got from the braces lol