A staple of college libraries everywhere

*leaves your laptop out in front of a complete stranger* Can you watch my stuff for a moment?

(Especially in a big building like Thompson Library where there's a lot of study space on the upper floors but only the first four floors have restrooms, so it's a Journey to go pee in the middle of your work.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Coleg lyfe.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yup.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I wouldn't know
  • I use the library computers, but I do leave my bag and everything by the computer whilst I go print some papers and come back to find that everything is right where I left it. 
  • Toolsie said:

I use the library computers, but I do leave my bag and everything by the computer whilst I go print some papers and come back to find that everything is right where I left it. 

This.

Any thefts usually occur in the dorms or in noisier common areas. The library's sacred ground.
  • Can also get yourself a security cable.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Our library had restrooms on every floor, I think. Quite convenient.

However, one time I was sitting there reading something and this girl asked me if she'd seen who took her purse. I had to tell her I didn't know. Felt kinda bad for her
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Can also get yourself a security cable.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Our library had restrooms on every floor, I think. Quite convenient.

However, one time I was sitting there reading something and this girl asked me if she'd seen who took her purse. I had to tell her I didn't know. Felt kinda bad for her

The smaller libraries like 18th Avenue (4 stories) have a restroom on every floor, but Thompson Library is 11 stories tall and only the first four have restrooms.

Also if you leave stuff unattended at 18th Avenue their security guys will take it to the security desk and leave a note in its place basically saying "don't leave valuable things unattended, Einstein."
    how do they know your name is Einstein?
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    I remember when the 11th floor of Thompson Library was just stacks, like the several floors below it. Getting to those windows to take pictures meant traversing the narrow passages between bookcases. Now it's that nice open study area, but I guess they didn't see the need to install a bathroom up there…
    Frustratingly there are restrooms up on the 11th floor of Thompson, but they're locked except when the reading room is being used to host a private event.
  • Frustratingly there are restrooms up on the 11th floor of Thompson, but they're locked except when the reading room is being used to host a private event.

The Broward County Main Library has a pair of restrooms on the first floor (most library space is on the upper floors while the first floor is a foyer, largely), which is open only when the auditorium next to it is hosting an event.

Can also get yourself a security cable.

not that kind of security :P
  • My uni library is only three stories tall...
  • Toolsie said:

My uni library is only three stories tall...

I don't think Waterloo has one even that big. Though both of its libraries are very wide despite not being very tall.

At U of T there was Robarts which tall as hell and the good study space was on the 13th floor. But there were at least washrooms up there.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    at Aber there was the Hugh Owen library which has 3 floors, the Thomas Parry library which has 2, and the PhysSci library which has one main floor plus a kind of elevated gallery, and which is located way at the top of the PhysSci building which made it slightly a pain to get to
  • edited 2017-03-01 14:00:20
    Transient.
    All of our faculty's libraries are one story tall. *jelly*
  • that looks beautiful! <3
    libraries should be beautiful places
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    All libraries are beautiful. Some are just more lustrous than others.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    SO BOOK.