Telecom mergers are ridiculous

If I go to spectrum.com and click "My Account", I'm redirected to charter.net, which refuses to take my username and password.

Instead I have to go to twc.com and log in with what it's still calling a "TWC ID".

Which, ok, I guess they haven't fully integrated the two systems yet.

But it really seems like you should either (a) take care of this sort of thing before you rebrand Time Warner Cable as Spectrum, or (b) at least provide some indication that former TWC customers have to continue using the old TWC site for now.

Crikey.

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i think there are parts of the site that do use a "spectrum id" too, such as some on-demand part or another, too, just to throw you off
  • corona discharge sounds like something that happens after a telecom merger
    that'd be a beer merger
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wonder how many people will see this thread title and assume it's Anonus
    Calica said:

i think there are parts of the site that do use a "spectrum id" too, such as some on-demand part or another, too, just to throw you off

your twc id does not work for this
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yeah, I figured that out when I tried to watch Steven Universe episodes on the Cartoon Network website
  • I wonder how many people will see this thread title and assume it's Anonus

I sure did
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    gee Anonus, you sure look like Central Ave today
    One of the URLs I got redirected to on the TWC end had "rr.com" in it.

It's been how many years since they retired the "RoadRunner" branding?
    a while but I think even so the IP addresses and such still were $region.rr.com
  • I know that branding because of IRC
  • edited 2017-02-16 19:24:53
    Just from the commercials, it's clear that they're not committing to the whole Spectrum thing.

TIME WARNER CABLE - ENJOY BETTER also we're called Spectrum now
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember when I first heard of RoadRunner. I thought it was some podunk ISP using the name without permission.