Assorted photos taken with my first mobile phone, a Motorola C261, from 2006 to 2008

I took a lot more but I didn't save many of them because the only way to get them to my laptop was to email them to myself and that counted against my allotment of "minutes" for the month.

One oddity: this phone doesn't tag its model name in the Exif data, but does set the "date taken" on every image to 5/9/2005 at 12:00 AM. Which, incidentally, means you can't actually find the actual date they were taken.

Also, here's the phone itself, shot with a much better camera:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    merry christmas
  • edited 2017-02-11 19:40:29
    I remember being hesitant to use the data features of one of my earlier phones because it'd be difficult if not impossible to get data onto or off of it.

That's one good thing about smartphones, I'll concede -- there's now a common usage of microSD cards, which are easily transferrable between phones and computers.

Anyway...

That table that presumably has rust on its edges?  It looks like it has pretty pink/peach flower patterns covered by a worn piece of white paper.
    Jane said:

These are sorta spooky

These look sorta like screenshots from a VHS recording or analog TV.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Jane said:

These are sorta spooky

These look sorta like screenshots from a VHS recording or analog TV.
    I don't know the exact specs, but I suspect this was a camera with a lower-resolution sensor that upscaled its images to 640x480, thus the exceptionally grainy look to most of them.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Probably a 640×480 sensor, but each pixel of the sensor only records one color channel, so for each pixel the missing color data has to be interpolated from neighboring pixels.
  • edited 2017-02-14 19:13:06
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That's probably it, yeah. It would explain why the color looks like I took it with really grainy film.