The Robert's Rules Of Order thread

edited 2011-03-17 23:13:02 in General
I hereby call this meeting of the Robert's Rules of Order thread to order.

Normally, our secretary would read the minutes from our previous meeting, but this is the OP, so we have no previous meetings. Or a secretary.

Or unfinished business, for that matter. So let's skip to New Business.

The chair recognizes the next poster.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Who's Robert?
  • edited 2011-03-17 23:19:51
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The guy who came up with Robert's Rules of Order, of course.

...Great, now you've got me wondering who this "Robert" was.

I mean, uh, the chair recognizes the next poster!
    Well then what are the rules?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm not even really sure yet. I was supposed to learn them as president of my autism group, but I kinda just fake it, because who wants to read through an entire book on the "proper" way to conduct a meeting?

Also, the chair recognizes blah blah blah.
    ..I wanna be president of something! D:
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm not a very good president, to be honest. My secretary and faculty advisor do most of the work.

Hopefully I can get more involved in the next few months, since I'm taking Spring Quarter off.
  • edited 2011-03-17 23:45:06
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Can you relate to anyone in this group?
  • edited 2011-03-17 23:46:38
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't know, really. We haven't socialized much (read: at all) outside of the group. That's probably something I should look into, though.

I mean, I motion that I try socializing with--wait, can the chair make motions? *consults rulebook*
  • Knight of Centralia | May those who accept their fate find happiness, may those who defy it find glory.
    Can I have a slice of pie?