My mother wants Twitter to go away

What would we be losing if it went away?
Tagged:

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Nothing of any worth.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It would be a much better place if they would ban all the trolls and Nazis, like they should have done years aho.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    lee4hmz said:

It would be a much better place if they would ban all the trolls and Nazis, like they should have done years aho.

• I actually largely like twitter but I find it hard to argue that it hasn't done a good deal of damage. Facebook has probably done more, though.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lee4hmz said:

Why won't they?
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    ~free speech~, presumably 
  • They've been mum on the subject largely but my guess is just that they don't want to discourage people from signing up, since ads are the only way they stay afloat.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    and nothing of value would be lost
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Nothing.
  • oh look at me I'm so fucking edgy that I don't value social media! nothing of value would be lost! hooray, burn it all! fuck human connection! ahahahahaha why do I come here or anywhere anymore
  • lee4hmz said:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I like Twitter in general but it's been awfully wearying the past couple weeks since all anyone I follow talks about anymore is the President and his atrocities
  • Jane said:

oh look at me I'm so fucking edgy that I don't value social media! nothing of value would be lost! hooray, burn it all! fuck human connection! ahahahahaha why do I come here or anywhere anymore

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...

I like Twitter in general but it's been awfully wearying the past couple weeks since all anyone I follow talks about anymore is the President and his atrocities

Also this.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I feel like the President has been in office for six months
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Saaaaaaaaame...
  • I like Twitter in general but it's been awfully wearying the past couple weeks since all anyone I follow talks about anymore is the President and his atrocities

sounds like my facebook feed

and oh there's also one person who is praising trump and complaining about liberals and feminists being weak
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Jane said:

oh look at me I'm so fucking edgy that I don't value social media! nothing of value would be lost! hooray, burn it all! fuck human connection! ahahahahaha why do I come here or anywhere anymore

I never said that