"I'm gonna block the AT&T-Time Warner merger"

Oh really now, Donald? How's about making Comcast spit NBCUniversal out too?

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I thought you wanted this merger blocked
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Yes, but nobody cares about the precedent for getting this approved
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-12-08 06:00:10
    you know, it'd be interesting to see if he follows through on the Comcast-NBC thing

not because I like either party involved, I don't, but more because NBC basically created his ass (and is still furthering his brand -- exhibit A: Celebrity Apprentice, exhibit B: SNL, I don't need to continue); you'd think he'd still want to suck that tiddy on the DL but apparently not
    I feel like NBC is overtly pure evil, it's just that nobody notices
  • I mean, I figured that out after the Conan incident, but. You're right, their malevolence is a lower-key sort.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks positively of Comcast, though. (I think maybe the best thing people might be able to say about them is that they haven't had any issues with their cable service, and even that seems to be a rarity.)
  • edited 2016-12-08 06:18:43
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    NBC being malevolent has manifested itself in many ways. The founder of Autism Speaks used to be the CEO of NBC (and, when it was formed, NBC Universal). Jeff Zucker has no shame. There was the bullshit they pulled in Philadelphia, Miami, San Francisco, and now Boston.
    Oh, and David Sarnoff drove the inventor of FM radio to suicide and went "wasn't MY fault" about it.