I fucking hate that there's a PS4-Pro

Breaking the sacred trust that at the very least, you should only have to buy an updated console every half-decade

Comments

• for those who use a PlayStation to do their spreadsheets
  • well, to be fair it's mostly the product of Sony kowtowing to fan demand after Microsoft announced that they were updating the Xbox One with Project Scorpio

they aren't marketing it as a necessity, if you still have the original model you aren't missing out on anything except for more chunky visuals (which, let's face it, isn't a big f'n deal -- we're starting to hit a bit of a realism ceiling where you'd only be able to really tell if it were a Pro if you had a 4K television and eyes like magnifying glasses)
  • Tamlin said:

for those who use a PlayStation to do their spreadsheets

o/` We bought it to help with your homework
    We bought it to help with your homework
    And the household accounts
    If your dad ever "works it all out" o/`
  • oh so I guess now the PS4 that we have on lay-away at GameStop is obsolete now huh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Jane said:

oh so I guess now the PS4 that we have on lay-away at GameStop is obsolete now huh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

if you don't have a 4K television I guarantee you won't be able to tell the difference between the two systems

(and even if you do have a 4K TV all the games and applications will work for the foreseeable future, it's fine)
  • it's like how Apple has multiple iPad models

just because there's an iPad Pro doesn't mean the iPad Air is obsolete-- it might not be as powerful, but there's only a few things the more expensive one can do that the base model can't
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    >2016

>buying game consoles
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    What, so you steal them, Imi?

GUARDS, ARREST THIS-gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    No, I play games on my computer, like all civilized persons.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

No, I play games on my computer, like all civilized persons.

Then you won't mind donating all your consoles to the Crown.
    I already donated them all to my sister.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So all I have to do to get your consoles is make your sister royalty?
    you can, but then she's your problem.
    "Hey sis, my crazy friend says you're the new Princess of Centralia."

"...why would I want to be princess of a ghost town that's constantly on fire??"
  • the only thing I remember about imi's sister is that she hates undertale
    she hates Undertale, likes dogs, is messy as hell, and used to have a huge crush on Sonic
  • {Strong Bad] Imi?  Or Imi's sister?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

she hates Undertale, likes dogs, is messy as hell, and used to have a huge crush on Sonic

That last one makes no sense.

I mean, Knuckles has green socks.

Green frigging socks.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • Undertale and Steven Universe are such forces of positivity and good that I'm honestly at a loss for how anyone could dislike them
  • SU has dick all to do with the topic on hand of course
  • this reminds me i should add Undertale to my wishlists on GOG and Humble Store