how is it that the diet cola from dollar tree is actually pretty good

it's no coke zero, but i like it more than the store brand at, say, kroger

Comments

• i prefer Aldi's off-brand fritos more than Fritos themselves, and their regular corn chips are pretty good too
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    do you like coke zero?
  • local dollar store sells some Wise potato chips; I should get some of those

they also once carried Lays Stax
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • edited 2016-10-02 22:53:45
    what is a "dollar tree"

edit: apparently something that actually does exist in Ontario, surprisingly
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

do you like coke zero?

yeah
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Christmas said:

what is a "dollar tree"

*looks it up*

"Dollar Tree Canada: Everything's $1.25!"

not quite clear on the concept, are they?
    i think you're the first person i've spoken to who said she did, is why i asked

Christmas said:

what is a "dollar tree"

*looks it up*

"Dollar Tree Canada: Everything's $1.25!"

not quite clear on the concept, are they?
    lol

i think you're the first person i've spoken to who said she did, is why i asked

I think US Coke Zero might be different from UK Coke Zero, but I'm not sure
  • I don't mind Coke zero but it's not a favourite
    oh, yeah, that wouldn't surprise me

i remember when Tre visited Britain he said some of the sodas didn't taste as good
  • Coke Zero is pretty good. I hardly ever drink soda any more though.

Dollar Tree is awesome. I get most of my cleaning stuff there.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I prefer Diet Coke to Coke Zero because the former is what I'm used to
    same
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Isn't there a Dollarama in Canada, too? I've seen it pop up on stuff Ashens reviewed.
  • kill living beings
    i lived nearish to a major dollar tree warehouse and distribution center for a while. i had no idea so many things cost one dollar.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I honestly cannot tell the difference between normal, diet, and zero Cokes. They're all pretty okay in my book, though I prefer root beer or sprite if I am drinking soda. 
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I can't drink any diet soda.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    They're pretty different for me, but I have had this weird low-grade obsession with different kinds of cola and varieties of soda in general for quite a while. I'd call myself a connoisseur, but that's more than a little pretentious in this case. Mostly I'm just an enthusiast.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I could probably tell a difference if I cared more about cola and drink it more often - I can DEFINITELY tell a difference between different kinds of root beer, for example. 
  • lee4hmz said:

Isn't there a Dollarama in Canada, too? I've seen it pop up on stuff Ashens reviewed.

Yeah those are everywhere. This tree thing I've never seen though.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Root beers and sodas all taste the same to me, although I've been pretty against them for awhile so that's a non-negligible factor...
  • I find diet soft drinks to be blander versions of their normal versions.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Me no likey Coke Zero
  • I think diet soda en generale is a disgrace, but given the choice I think something like Coke Zero is a far better way of going about making it than something like Diet Coke

IMO the replication of the original taste while removing the caloric content should be The Goal, and Zero is much closer in taste to the classic formula; thus, it wins out for me

(I've never bothered with worrying about calories, though, so if I can I'll always go for Coke Classic, preferably in cherry with a little lemonade added for taste)
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'd generally get the diet versions, I think. Maybe the non-diet ones just tasted weird, I'm not sure, but I did enjoy them flat too so eh.