"There should be a sharp sense of separation in your mind between you and the things you like"

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    probably not possible.
  • edited 2016-09-30 21:28:52
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I feel like these sort of issues get approached in a very black or white fashion even though they really are not, both because of how people who are insecure in their identities tend to latch onto things outside themselves to define who they are, and because other sorts of people—and all told, frequently the same kind of people—use ironic detachment as a default mode of interacting with the world out of the fear that, should they become too invested, someone will use that to hurt them. Ultimately, what you like and who you are interact on many different levels in many different ways, so drawing hard and fast lines is inherently problematic; but at the same time, there is a difference between a simple difference of opinion and a personal attack, with many shades in between, some more or less intentional or complex than others, and conflating rather than addressing different kinds and instances of criticism is a very dangerous and self-destructive habit.
  • there should be a sharp sense of separation in YOUR FACE

OHHHHHHHH
  • STEELER NATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    People use phrases like "Fooled by marketing" and "misplaced nostalgia" and then immediately leap into the "But calling a THING bad does not insult THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE IT"

Like sorry bruh, that ain't how it works
  • I had someone on twitter yell at a friend of mine yesterday, claiming that "otaku" is a sexual orientation, so I am not inclined to agree.
    Are you sure they weren't pulling a "I identify as an attack helicopter lololololol" thing
  • No they were dead serious. I spoke to the person claiming that before and they really are like that.
    as an attackhelicopterkin I am offended
    Let us not derail this good thread
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    We have good threads?
    I have a good thread, I dunno about anyone else.