Spontaneity of the hand

edited 2016-08-13 06:02:12 in Design
I know we're on the '60s stage in the 50-year cycle but I really hope the window for revisiting 1950s spontaneity-of-the-hand design hasn't closed again

Comments

• explain this concept to my ignorant ears please
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Manifesting itself in another form, but it's this general idea. This loose, informal-but-controlled aesthetic.
    Also, Jim Jinkins's style and thus that of Doug is heavily influenced by those principles.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I wish I could contribute to this thread, but I do appreciate it.
  • Anonus said:

Manifesting itself in another form, but it's this general idea. This loose, informal-but-controlled aesthetic.

that's an interesting look, if I do say so myself

(The "doodling on simple photography" thing. Seems like it would be cool for cover art or something.)
    Pickle and Peanut seems like a modern version of that
  • You're right.

I really do want to watch more of it, I know it probably isn't Actually Great the way some of its contemporaries on Disney XD are/were but I like that it seems to understand that and doesn't care

like, sometimes you just want a show about a pair of dorks being dorks -- there's a reason the formula's stuck around for as long as it has
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I know you've seen Kaiba, but I think that you might appreciate some of Masaaki Yuasa's other work for this exact reason. I mean, Kemonozume is pretty much nothing but this: