IJBM: websites loading people with so many freakin' features

edited 2016-08-11 17:33:16 in General
My mom just accidentally unsubscribed herself from an e-mail list she wanted to be on, thanks to GMail's auto-generating unsubscribe messages with a click of a button.  Well, she clicked on it by accident.

This is why you keep it simple stupid, tech people.
...or perhaps...
This is why you keep it simple, stupid tech people.

[disambiguation: this thread is letting off momentary steam by wonderposting]

Comments

• srsly i'd like to throw a few virtual rotten fruits at tech people who think they're oh so much smarter than the rest of the world
  • STUPID TECH PEOPLE STUPID TECH PEOPLE STUPID TECH PEOPLE

LOLOL THE ONE THING YOU TREASURE SO MUCH -- YOUR SUPPOSED INTELLIGENCE -- IS NOTHING, IS TRASH
  • Dear everyone else,

Stop worshipping high tech entrepreneurs as brilliant minds leading a revolution in business and technology with their ways of doing things which are somehow necessarily better than how people did things before them.

If you're so in love with them, consider that they got lucky with their disruptive breakthroughs, and consider finding ways to disrupt them yourselves.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-08-11 18:45:36
    Honestly I'm more worried about an unsubscribe link -- even if it's masked through Gmail's own layer instead of directly sending from your own machine -- confirming your address exists for a spam company and letting them sell it around.

Supposedly Gmail blacklists known spammers from this feature, but it really should be a whitelist instead.  And even then it's always going to be too easy to get on it.  I just block sender as usual.