-random noises-

Who said that, show yourself villainous fiend and fight me with honour
Tagged:

Comments

• It's 4:20 somewhere.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    -runs away-
    So yeah. I'm very often up at odd hours. I feel more motivated to work when I'm up late, and when I'm tired.

I'm drinking some sake, chipping away at an assignment, and watching a documentary on Clinton.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    ^ PBS?
    Yeah.

I don't get a lot of channels in my apartment, but I get a few I'm enjoying and some I didn't expect to enjoy.

For instance, I'm enjoying that reality show "White Guy Yells at People Until They Run Their Businesses Properly".
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I need to get used to going to bed and getting up earlier.
    You know, after that documentary, I'm wondering if history nerd bronies would ever write fan-fiction parodying the Lewinski scandal through details of Twilight and Celestia's relationship.

Gotta wonder who would have the massive balls to put Celestia on trial, though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Use the constant cover of darkness to break her out.
    They didn't put Clinton in jail either. He was president until the end of his term.

And anything goes in fiction. Especially fan-fiction. Especially comedic fan-fiction.

I asked because I think I was watching the same thing for a bit.

Interesting that Hillary being a "strong women with interest in politics" was having a psychological impact on the American people that made Clinton appear week to them. 
  • Eh, I don't like the Clintons. But y'all knew that.
    I didn't.

I don't really care, either.

^^Kind of annoying how that works, huh? You'd think a person would be better off getting things done with a close and capable partner, but I guess a reasonable argument could be made against the ethics of someone not elected into office having as much influence.

"I guess a reasonable argument could be made against the ethics of someone not elected into office having as much influence."

I really wish this was more the thinking instead of the more likely "That Clinton can't even control his wife! Why is he leading our country?" 
    Image is more important to politics than it should be.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Nobody's around.

I'm guessing hivemind buddy fell asleep, and he's missing me retail it up without him
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Nope!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yay, you're back! *glomps*
    Its not the dead hours yet
    I was watching "Owl's Well That Ends Well" for the first time since April!

It's still one of the series's weakest episodes.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    Still up and kickin it for at least another 1-2 hrs :3
    I hear a lot of people rank that one low. I thought it had quite a bit going for it. It developed Spike- who doesn't get much of that- and addressed the nature of his relationship with Twilight. We also got to see him play Spikely Whiplash, which was great.

I think what people dislike the most about it is That Fucking Owl; introduced as this wonderpet out of nowhere and forgotten about in every other episode except the one in season two where they trot out all the pets.
    I appreciate it as a Spike episode, but I still don't like it very much. (I didn't like his other episode as of now, "Secret of My Excess", either.)

...strangely, one of the things I remember most about "May the Best Pet Win!" is the fact that a piece of background music from "Suited For Success" (specifically, the scene where the first dresses are presented to the main cast) got reused in it.
    I suppose it's to be expected that your mind would pick out something like that as notable.
    This thread was supposed to be used when mods were asleep oO

Some of the mods keep weird hours.

And some of us keep semi-regular hours.

There's a pretty small window when we're all asleep, at this point.

I liked "Secret of My Excess", if only because it tied in dragon growth to their dragon hoard.

Interesting that Twilight was given a baby dragon and not told about the possibility of it given many thing and getting huge and going a rampage where someone could get dead.

Also interesting if all people who pass the test of opening the dragon's egg with their magic get one, so their are presumably quite a few unicorns with baby dragons running around.

Celestia either has the utmost confidence in all her students, she can handle the situation if the need arises, or she just doesn't give a fuck...
    There's a pretty small window when we're all asleep, at this point.

The Window is usually from 1000 to about 1500 when I am forever alone on this site

You need to recruit more Europeans, or tackle fourier and get him to post more.
  • edited 2012-02-26 13:27:24
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    I think what people dislike the most about it is That Fucking Owl; introduced as this wonderpet out of nowhere and forgotten about in every other episode except the one in season two where they trot out all the pets.
    I'm still baffled that the owl was able to outfight a dragon. It's not like Owloysius is a storm crow.
    There are a lot of fan theories about the dragon test. Suffice it to say that we don't have enough evidence to conclude that all unicorn students get a baby dragon.

It could also be that there isn't much information on dragons in pony culture? Zecora was the one who knew what was going on. They might be more acquainted with dragons in Zebrafrica.
  • edited 2012-02-26 17:38:29
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

It's even more amusing that Celestia just let someone keep a baby dragon not really knowing how they age or anything.

"But Princess...won't that dragon eventually grow too large to be ignored?"

"Pfffft...whatever, that's probably be a long ass time, and not like any of us will be around to have to deal with it."

"But...aren't you immortal?"

"...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."
    It's either keep it around or let it grow unchecked...

I don't know it doesn't seemed that hard or unimportant to have someone who knows what Spike is capable of and who knows how to deal with him keep an eye on him.

Heck, Twilight probably could have handled things before they got out of control if she was just aware of the potential problem.

Then again, Celestia seems to like to "test people". I'd imagine she could easily handle some of the situations she taps the "mane six" for, but delegates it to them anyways. 

Maybe she just saw the growing-dragon thing as another opportunity for her student and her student's friends to grow and learn something