Anyone know what programs will handle an RSS video feed in Windows?

I've got what's supposedly an RSS feed (something I'm not used to using, to be honest) but it leads to videos.  Basically it's a catalogue of videos.

It works with the vChannel app for Android/iOS, but is there a program for Windows that handles this?

Comments

• edited 2016-08-17 04:43:45
    Ugh...why does this site only work with vChannel and nothing else?

I make a feed account for Thunderbird and put the URL in and it says that can't find the URL.  Putting it into a browser just causes the browser to wait for it then say nothing happened.

http://rss.my03.com/news

What's an RSS reader that handles enclosures?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_enclosure

But I should only just need to retrieve individual media URLs from it...
  • edited 2016-08-17 18:55:30
    So apparently it's not an RSS feed either, because RSS utilities are not picking up anything from it.

As of just now, it appears to still be active.

So far the only combination of things that seems to be able to accomplish this is the combination of that URL and vChannel.  Why?

Attempting to go to that URL -- or for that matter, my03.com -- produces a server timeout (though it does try to load some things).
  • It's likely not a podcast since it doesn't have just a series of regular episodes.  Instead, it has folders that contain subfolders that contain episodes.

It might be a source?  But even Miro can't handle it as a source.  Then again Miro seems to handle sources as webpages...which we already know doesn't work.
  • edited 2016-08-17 20:00:08
    I wonder if Kodi works with this.

Doesn't seem like it.

Kodi also suggests a bunch of "Video Add-ons", which all go to specific sites from which one can retrieve videos (e.g. NASA, VEVO)...so now I'm wondering if vChannel performs a function similar to _that_.
  • edited 2016-08-17 20:48:43
    ...and i have no idea where to go from here.

Does this contain a hidden connection to a VPN of some sort?  Unlikely since these seem to be individual video uploads.

It's not a normal RSS video feed though.  As in, it's not just a podcast with videos.

I wonder if it's some sort of service.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The site you gave earlier seems to be down. I can't connect to it either with HTTP or HTTPS.
  • edited 2016-08-18 05:31:48
    lee4hmz said:

The site you gave earlier seems to be down. I can't connect to it either with HTTP or HTTPS.

Then how do they produce a result when I put that same URL into vChannel?

What sort of data, exactly, is vChannel receiving from them?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Also, www.my03.com is refusing connections entirely.