Spoil the ending...badly

edited 2016-07-28 19:56:06 in Roleplay & Games
An HH version of the forum game on TVT, here's how it goes...

You tell what the ending of a particular work is, but don't actually mention what the work you're referring to is or include names of characters or do anything like that. The idea is that anybody reading the post who doesn't know how the story goes will know that it's the ending to something, but will have absolutely no idea what. People who DO know how the story goes will recognize it, make a spoilered out guess as to which work it is, and be told if they're right or wrong.

I'll get started by spoiling the ending to something now:

"The giant demon gets destroyed by a lot of tiny little balls of light attacking him."

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Moved to Roleplay & Games where it's a bit more fitting.

Anyway: "A big orange ship blows up and order is restored."
    The ending to FTL: Faster Than Light.
  • edited 2016-07-28 20:31:57

the kids turn into monsters and terrorize the whole camp
  • edited 2016-07-28 20:44:32

you shut down a supercomputer and leave the realm it was controlling to meet the people that were indirectly messaging you throughout your journey
  • she meets god, shoots herself, and lives happily ever after
  • a mole takes the undergarments and the brothers get on speaking terms again
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    It turns out that the entire world that the characters lived in was a virtual reality, and once they realized it, the controller of it reset the world and the characters started anew.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tea with Dad at the end of science.
  • Tea with Dad at the end of science.

I know this one I think.

Serial Experiments Lain?
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-07-29 00:25:15
    An ancient civilization either turns on around you, or rearranges itself into a coffee machine for a giant T-rex's morning cup of joe.
    Jane said:

Tea with Dad at the end of science.

I know this one I think.

Serial Experiments Lain?

DING DING DING!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    A rocket falls on you and you die
    Everyone becomes trees and also murder.
  • Three child stars get sent to Hell, followed by Double Hell.
  • Damn, I have no idea about any of these. But if anybody was wondering about mine, here's the answer: Warcraft III.
  • It turns out that the entire world that the characters lived in was a virtual reality, and once they realized it, the controller of it reset the world and the characters started anew.

Pretty sure this is Star Ocean 3.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    A backwards storm heading towards the surgeon's parents, and the assassin given a familiar sword.
    Bee said:

It turns out that the entire world that the characters lived in was a virtual reality, and once they realized it, the controller of it reset the world and the characters started anew.

Pretty sure this is Star Ocean 3.
    Nope!

Or at least, I wasn't thinking of that when I posted that.
  • edited 2016-07-29 06:05:20
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Have another one as compensation:

A woman is tricked into thinking they were an entirely different kind of woman, so that when she broke that programming, the woman that tricked her could live vicariously through her.
  • The hero crashes the plane he's piloting while fully expecting to die. Instead, he wakes up alive many decades in the future.

The hero crashes the plane he's piloting while fully expecting to die. Instead, he wakes up alive many decades in the future.

Captain America: The First Avenger?
  • Have another one as compensation:

A woman is tricked into thinking they were an entirely different kind of woman, so that when she broke that programming, the woman that tricked her could live vicariously through her.

Heh, nice. (99% sure I know this one)
    Spoiler:
    The Woman Called Fujiko Mine

Anyway: A high school Valedictorian is giving a touching, if unorthodox, speech about his best friend who has been missing for 6 months when said best friend busts through the wall of the auditorium riding a giant dragon that he tamed and announces raising a second child.