nerd thing

you like nerd thing
Tagged:

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    You have strong opinions about nerd thing.

You want to engage in nerd discourse and consume nerd thing-related content.
  • I like original nerd thing but the remake was terrible
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Apparently our own infrequent visitor DisasterGrind was involved in the creation of Powerup Comics. Truly, we are in touch with the greatest forces of creativity.

(He's actually an excellent illustrator, but I'm not joking, he was.)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    can't talk. ninja gaiden
  • Apparently our own infrequent visitor DisasterGrind was involved in the creation of Powerup Comics. Truly, we are in touch with the greatest forces of creativity.

Disastergrind comes here???
    Only once every year or six months or whatever. I see him more on Facebook by far.
    can't talk. ninja gaiden
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I wasn't directly involved, but I was a member on the forum where Powerup Comics happened and got to witness its birth firsthand.

In the first year of its existence or so, we all made accounts on Drunk Duck to comment on every new Powerup Comics strip, so that it would get a spot on the auto-generated "Top 10 most popular comics" list on the Drunk Duck main page. Because the only thing more infuriating that bad art is inexplicably popular bad art.
  • If you're trying to tell me this is bad on purpose I am not sure I believe you.
    Oh, it was more than just "bad on purpose."
  • kill living beings
    what, powerup comics? yeah, it is. it's from truth and beauty something, or suchlike. that's why later there's the artsy thing and stuff like that
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Notice how Powerup Comics keeps cutting and pasting art. Shadow and Chug only have two poses, and everyone else only has one pose.

Now, notice this comic, where the "rough sketch" of an upcoming comic is actually competently drawn, and the characters have new poses. While the "finished version" of the comic looks 100 percent worse than the sketch did.

Yes, Powerup Comics was intentional.
    The man responsible also writes Unwinder's Tall Comics, which is very competent indeed and very, very weird.
  • kill living beings
    ok lol at the c/p version of the pose

all them holes
    can't talk. ninja gaiden
  • edited 2016-07-23 06:28:17
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    One episode of Unwinder's Tall Comics features Chad (aka "Shadow") and Jason (aka "Chug") discussing the writing and drawing of a future Powerup Comics strip. Then the discussed strip actually happened in Powerup Comics.
  • kill living beings
    oh shit i forgot that
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    it's more than one episode if I remember correctly.
  • edited 2016-07-23 17:43:52
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Well yeah, Chad and Jason show up several times in Unwinder. I just meant that was the one time that events in both comics synchronized so blatantly.

I particularly like the comic where Chad and Jason challenge Dr. Minivan (who has apparently never played a videogame before in his life) to a Halo match. And Dr. Minivan absolutely schools them.

"Lame! He must have the good controller."
    "Don't be a dense dunce, Shad-man. We have exchanged control devices numerous times, with no interruption to my killing streak."
  • I thought this thread was a meta thread and then it started to be actually about something and now I'm confused.
  • kill living beings
    mm dat meta level discourse
  • Apparently our own infrequent visitor DisasterGrind was involved in the creation of Powerup Comics. Truly, we are in touch with the greatest forces of creativity.

Wait, what?
    He mentioned it in a Plug.dj conversation a long, long time ago.
    can't talk. ninja gaiden