What do you call this?

Is it a deck of cards, or is it a pack of cards?

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It's a murder of cards.
  • kill living beings
    deck
  • edited 2016-07-07 00:23:58
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    "Pack" if it's still in the box. "Deck" otherwise.

Actually, you can still call if a "deck" if it's in the box.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'm in the habit of using both interchangeably, possibly with a slight preference for "deck"

but most people i know would say "pack", regardless of whether it's in the box or not
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    deck
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I just noticed that Alice (in Wonderland) calls them a "pack of cards" and never a "deck of cards" and wondered if it was a regional thing or not.

Also, I've had the same $1 deck of cards from Dollar General for like 6 years now. How is it the cheapo decks always last me longer than the nicer ones??
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

It's a murder of cards.

don't be silly, @Crystal has nothing to do with these cards
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I just noticed that Alice (in Wonderland) calls them a "pack of cards" and never a "deck of cards" and wondered if it was a regional thing or not.

Also, I've had the same $1 deck of cards from Dollar General for like 6 years now. How is it the cheapo decks always last me longer than the nicer ones??
    i'm pretty sure it is

my parents have specifically remarked on me saying "deck", as it's not the word they'd use
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yeah I don't see any sevens present, goof.