how come we don't talk about Oklahoma much?

Comments

• kill living beings
    why would we

this applies to any state without a big city
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This is a pretty oddly specific question, even by Anonus standards
  • It's OK.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Haven They beat you to that pun by decades:

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

why would we

this applies to any state without a big city

*shrugs*
    I don't know. Their capital city has an NBA franchise. And for some reason I tend to think of Oklahoma as a hotbed for Average Americans™.
  • Well, I wasn't expecting to be the first person ever to make that pun. :p
    what even is an Average American™?
    Haven said:

Well, I wasn't expecting to be the first person ever to make that pun. :p

yes, but consider: an excuse for centie to post license plates
    Anonus said:

what even is an Average American™?

beats me
  • Or a New Yorker
  • Or a Texan. One of those three.
  • So you're saying that Average America is represented by Centie, me from 2008 or so and @Crystal.
    Aw man, you lived in New York City? #envy
    yeah he moved to Portland from Brooklyn
    he's originally from New Jersey

realtalk I envy Americans who grew up in the Northeast/Midwest
  • Aw man, you lived in New York City? #envy

What, how has this not come up? Did I not mention this to you all those times you were like "I wish I lived in New York"? I could've sworn I did but I also find it entirely believable I never actually said so.

I'm pretty sure I at least told you I went to college with the Olsen twins and Mara Wilson.
    That I remember you saying, but somehow I never made the connection. #derpyprincess
  • Anonus said:

yeah he moved to Portland from Brooklyn

Anonus said:

he's originally from New Jersey

realtalk I envy Americans who grew up in the Northeast/Midwest
    aw, you know my background.

and there's nothing to envy about living in jersey. (Actually I have fond memories of growing up in Jersey, but part of those memories include constantly shit-talking Jersey. Which turned out to be a useful skill for blending in with New Yorkers.)
    tbh at this point I would be happy with "anywhere but here"

i've just grown so bored with having stayed in one place my entire life
  • tbh at this point I would be happy with "anywhere but here"

I hear you. If it helps, I'm a little envious of that kind of stability and continuity. Or at least very curious about it.
    I intend to move once I graduate from Ohio State, but...I don't really know where yet.

The answer will probably be either "wherever I get an engineering job" or "wherever Anonus is going to school by then". Or both.
  • You should move here, our roads need fixing.
  • edited 2016-07-06 09:11:36
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I feel kinda sad about how Denver/the surrounding cities are the hometown of so few of the people who live here, it makes me wonder what its identity would be like

It has always been a town of booms and busts though, and I imagine the busts are part of the reason so few people put down roots here/stay for generations

(Also, I don't know if this is related, but one of the downsides is that during the 1970s oil boom, a bunch of historic buildings got torn down for ugly, austere and/or Brutalist ones. The trend continues, albeit with suburban chic buildings instead)
    Jane said:

You should move here, our roads need fixing.

also Michigan

Yes, from the dreaded Ohio State comes their savior

For this, Michigan and OSU become friends forever
    Did that kill the thread
  • I think it's just that everyone but us is asleep

(and I'm looking at Magic stuff atm)
    I'm here but I'm too tired to form an articulate response about city identities at the moment
    Please be sure to share your thoughts about "suburban chic" when you do
  • the average anerican is somewhere in missouri or kansas i think
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

tbh at this point I would be happy with "anywhere but here"

eventually you might be able to be like me and move across the country!
    It would be funny if I ended up trying to fix Los Angeles's traffic problem

Spoiler: It's unfixable
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    ha, ha, haha

actually I know some people around here prefer driving in LA to driving in the suburbs