Was born at the right time to have their adolescence in the 90s

Comments

• glennmagusharveyglennmagusharvey
    bubbles in choice (D)
    edited 2016-05-15 16:12:06
    /me bubbles in choice (D)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    (D) applies, and I do know a few Simpsons refs, but that's it
  • I did go through a really silly period of hating Power Rangers for a while, but it wasn't related to Ninja Turtles at all.  I kinda liked the Ninja Turtles for a little bit but it never really clicked that much.

They're cool though.

I kinda wanna watch Power Rangers In Space.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I never thought much of anything about Power Rangers, although my gut feeling was that it was probably stupid.
  • I love both Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles.

-shrug-
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-05-15 17:38:30
    It was kinda dumb, but it worked for 8-year-olds.  And Space was surprisingly good.

I liked the X-men cartoon until literally every episode was interdimensional bullshit, Phoenix Saga, or both.  It got to the point that they didn't even have reruns anymore that actually took place on Earth.  Same problem as the 90s Spiderman cartoon -- the series got bogged down with Sins of the Father and that awful crossover tournament in space, and they very nearly stopped showing reruns of anything else.
  • I found the X-Men cartoon boring, but the theme song is good.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-05-15 19:34:20
    It's kind of a shame, because the whole point of X-Men was to use mutants as an analogue for real social justice and civil rights issues, but the storyline went so batshit that it completely ceased to be relatable or even relevant to any of that.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I have always found the '90s Marvel cartoons to be eyesores, except possibly the later ones that nicked Jonny Quest's aesthetic
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I know that's not relevant to their narrative content but even as a kid their visual jankiness rubbed me the wrong way