Every police station ever

...seems to have a row of parking spaces with a sign saying "MARKED POLICE VEHICLES ONLY"...with several unmarked police vehicles parked there.

It's funny enough that I can't even be bitter about the hypocrisy.
Tagged:

Comments

• the police know, which is probably the most important bit

though at some point somewhere due to a lack of communication an unmarked vehicle was probably towed
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The hypocrisy, the way I see it, comes from the fact that the people charged with enforcing parking regulations feel it's fine to disregard them when it's convenient.

You could argue that it's like a business owner parking in their own "customer parking only" space, in that it's their own space and they're free to disregard their own rules, and...yeah, that's a valid way to look at it.

But it still rubs me the wrong way.
  • well yeah but (*shrug*)
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I feel like the point of those spaces is to prevent random people from parking there, moreso than anything else. Also, to specify that it should be cars owned by the station, not the personal vehicles of staff there. 
  • though at some point somewhere due to a lack of communication an unmarked vehicle was probably towed

we should talk about this imho
  • if you wanna find all the cops they're hanging out in the donut shop
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't think I've ever been to a police station

is this normal?
  • kill living beings
    I haven't either. I mean, not inside
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've been in police stations before. Both in and out of custody. :P
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The best police stations are the ones with inexplicable puzzles in.
  • The police stations back home were pretty spartan.  I remember looking around when I was little and thinking "oh that's why they work from their cars".

Haven't been to the station around here, but I've been to the courthouse on business and it's basically a recycled corporate office.  Even the court rooms are just conference rooms with a podium and metal detectors.  I guess that's what happens when you're understaffed.
  • I was in one recently.

The Environmental Health and Safety office held a chemical safety seminar in there.

The noticeable thing was how basically most of the building was gated behind secure doors.  There was just a small waiting area in the lobby.