How do I make discussion?

edited 2011-07-01 23:58:34 in General
I keep clicking on everything and nowthing is working.

Helpp1!!! D:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    OK, OK. Calm down. Take a deep breath. This will only take a couple seconds.

-gets the chainsaw-
  • That's not working, there's still no discussion! I'm just missing a leg now!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Have you tried asking Santa Claus for discussion?
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Have you tried rebuilding the desktop?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, I almost said that, but figured it would be too predictable of me.
  • I clicked a button that said "Start New Discussion" and it downloaded a virus on my computer D: Now everything keeps spazzing out.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Eat some chicken soup and get some rest.
    I recommend throwing your computer out the window and never going online again.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    check to see if it's plugged in, first
  • edited 2012-05-30 02:50:33
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Have you tried rebuilding the desktop?
    Oh man, I actually remember that from the bad old days of Macintosh System 6. Even though it was a thing until 9.x died.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Have you tried necroing a thread that is similar to your wanted discussion topic?
  • My iMac with OS X is really sluggish. I have tried to rebuild the
    desktop by holding down the option and apple key while restarting the
    computer. This has always worked until now. I do not get the message
    "To rebuild the desktop." Any other suggestions?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, that doesn't work (nor is it necessary) in OS X. :D
  • how do I made discussion?

I awnt to aks how do formed babby but dono wear to aks
  • edited 2012-05-30 18:48:08
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My online school had us using Mac OS 9.2 at first, as late as 2004. Whenever something would go wrong and I would call the help desk, their first suggestion would be "rebuild the desktop."

I never did figure out what the hell "rebuilding the desktop" actually did.
  • edited 2012-05-30 19:01:24
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    CA: In classic Mac OS, the "Desktop" file is sort of a cross between HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the Windows Registry and the icon cache in Explorer; it's a key-value index of what applications open which documents, which ICON resources are used to represent the documents on the desktop and in folders, and other such things. If documents wouldn't open, icons looked wrong, or things just didn't work right, the first thing to do was rebuild the desktop, since classic Mac OS's lack of memory protection meant it got corrupted easily.

Back before System 7, every document was assigned to one app, and you couldn't easily change this; later versions have an extension (whose name escapes me) that allows Windows-style file associations, partially because proper MIME support required them.
    I see. I figured it was something like that: it would serve a legitimate purpose in some cases, but it's not the magic cure-all the lazy help desk guys wanted you to think it was.
  • Fuck, where'd this necro come from? Guys, stop making me want to make more stupid threads again.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    make them.
    What's this? The Queen of Stupid-Funny wants to make more stupid threads? Oh, yes, I'll be quick to discourage that...