Lyra and Bon Bon are "best friends"

They must look upon Ruby and Sapphire with envy.

Comments

• but what if they look upon ruby and sapphire with emerald
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's funny to me because they're pretty transparently having then act like a couple but they dare not explicitly call them one
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    didn't that start after the fans started shipping them, though?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

didn't that start after the gfans started shipping them, though?

Yeah.

Fans started shipping them after they appeared together in several episodes, though.
    gfans
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Fans started shipping them together because they were sitting next to each other in one episode.

Then the showrunners caught on that the fans were shipping them, and had them appear together in more episodes.

And then "Slice of Life" gave them major speaking parts, and we learned: (1) they live together, (2) they're close enough that Lyra feels betrayed when she learns that Bon Bon has a major secret she's been hiding as long as they've known each other, and (3) they touch each other's faces and stare deep into each other's eyes. Yet (4) they repeatedly call themselves "best friends".

Which just convinces me that "best friends" is actually in-universe slang for gay marriage.
    then explain 'BBBFF'
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Well, like most slang, it's contextual.

And considering how much of a shut-in Twilight used to be, she's probably not hip with the kid's lingo these days.
  • edited 2016-04-20 13:29:41
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    new headcanon: that entire musical number was super awkward for everyone present but they were all too polite to say anything, Twilight was oblivious to this
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    hahaha
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Platonic relationships exist.  People can live together and be platonic and be best friends.

Yeah, 3) is evidence against that.

Dang it media/fans, why can't we have this? 
  • unless you're an autistic ace and have trouble with eye contact, in which case, legalize alternative means of romantic expression

though really why not both