Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    24 made me chuckle. seven is just charmingly direct, and I definitely appreciate number one's continuing even after I'd expect it to stop.

So, yes.
  • kill living beings
    18. Noam Chomsky on Slavoj Žižek
    “There’s no ‘theory’ in any of this stuff, not in the sense of theory that anyone is familiar with in the sciences or any other serious field. Try to find… some principles from which you can deduce conclusions, empirically testable propositions where it all goes beyond the level of something you can explain in five minutes to a 12-year-old. See if you can find that when the fancy words are decoded. I can’t. So I’m not interested in that kind of posturing. Žižek is an extreme example of it. I don’t see anything to what he’s saying.”
    i read this and i'm like, sure, fine
    17. Slavoj Žižek on Noam Chomsky
    “Well, with all deep respect that I do have for Chomsky, my… point is that Chomsky, who always emphasizes how one has to be empirical, accurate… well, I don’t think I know a guy who was so often empirically wrong.”
    and then this comes up and i want to unironically post an "oh snap" gif
  • Plato Vs. Diogenes is definitely some

worthy stuff
  • kill living beings
    also, since i recently read it, even though it doesn't quite compare:

I am now greatly grateful for your depicting me as God and yourself as the Devil. I also return the compliment: for me you are the only philosopher worth demolishing. But there is one trouble: I can take you to such little pieces that only an electromicroscope can discover you again. Will you be very hurt?

• edited 2016-04-14 05:07:13

But there is one trouble: I can take you to such little pieces that only an electromicroscope can discover you again. Will you be very hurt?

this is some JRPG boss about to enter his final form which has sciency dark energy beams dialogue
  • kill living beings
    pretty much yeah, i guess that's how they roll in philosophy of science
  • 27. Ludwig Wittgenstein on Bertrand Russell
    “Russell’s books should be bound in two colors, those dealing with mathematical logic in red – and all students of philosophy should read them; those dealing with ethics and politics in blue – and no one should be allowed to read them.”

Man, you could sub Dawkins in there and not even lose much.
  • kill living beings
    dawkins is not nearly as important to biology as russell is to maths
  • dawkins is not nearly as important to biology as russell is to maths

oh come on did we really need to know 1+1=2