Convenience stores

edited 2016-04-08 05:50:19 in General
I don't talk about them as much as my other esoteric interests/things I find enjoyment in, so here is a thread for such.

There was a time when I found going to 7-Eleven dull, because 7-Elevens tended to be more corporate and polished than other kinds of convenience stores. But I'm starting to enjoy going there, which feels weird.

My other favorite convenience store is the Murphy Express near my house, which I rarely go to anymore because I seldom have reason to drive over there and Mother never wants to go there anymore because she associates it with buying cigarettes.

Comments

• kill living beings
    really wish i had one less than half an hour walk away
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Convenience stores are some of the least soulless-feeling types of stores, personally, so for that they earn good marks.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I admit, I tend not to frequent convenience stores...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    why not?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I rarely have a reason to, I guess. Though Speedway tends to have cheap fountain drinks, so occasionally I stop in there and grab one if I'm also getting gas.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    is it fun?
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I have the Coug Corner Mart. I don't go there all that often, but it's been really nice a couple times when I've needed dayquil or something. 

The building next to it is a mystery. 

Further up the street, there is a restaurant called Azia which I believe to be a front for a money laundering business, though I have no evidence to support this hypothesis beyond "No one ever goes there but it stays open somehow."
  • if unhealthy food was my religion, the Sheetz near my house would be church

not sure if they're doing it again but every so often they'll send mailers out with passes to get all the free fountain drinks and coffees you could dream of for a month

They're also the only place I know of in Raleigh that sells seaweed snacks aside from the Asian markets
  • edited 2016-04-09 08:47:40
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    There is a new Sheetz going in near me...it's closer to both my house and to I-95 than the existing one. This is potentially quite dangerous.