The Easter Bunny

I am writing an idea relating to him now.

But it's making me feel intensely vile and like I should die. I worry the Easter Bunny is too stupid to write anything good about.

How am I supposed to write about the idea of Easter Bunny but also not die?

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Uh

Are you feeling ok, sweetie?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Writing this is pain, I want it to not be pain I WANT IT TO BE GOOD
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I just like

I don't know how to answer "how can I write about the Easter Bunny and not die"

What kind of question is that?
    How do I overcome my feeling that this is embarrassing subject matter
    Why didn't you say that in the first place

That I can work with

...What makes you feel it's embarrassing subject matter?
    it just feels like it's not good comedy fodder

I can never come up with good plots for Huckleberry Hound anyway and who the fuck else do I force to be the Easter Bunny in the absence of the real Easter Bunny?

Yogi Bear did his time. Augie Doggie would render the entire plot moot with some sort of genius solution. Quick Draw McGraw and Hong Kong Phooey would find it demeaning. Mr. Jinks has no reason to be the Easter Bunny. And Snagglepuss would turn the entire endeavor into a pretentious art film about why being the symbol of fertility and new life was in fact incredibly depressing.
    Well, I mean, if you can't make it funny, you don't have to write a comedy around it, I guess.

But it shouldn't put you into this sort of depressive state you've been in this evening...
  • edited 2016-03-27 06:20:21
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    EASTER IS TODAY I HAVE TO WRITE IT NOW

And it's got to be funny.
    It doesn't have to be done exactly on Easter!
    I blew Halloween. Do you want me to blow Easter too?
  • why do you have to write on holidays

and if you are writing about holidays, why do they have to be on the exact day of said holiday
    Jane said:

why do you have to write on holidays

and if you are writing about holidays, why do they have to be on the exact day of said holiday
    I feel like I can't post these things to the Tumblr anytime else.
    Is it okay to blow a deadline?
    Anonus said:

When that deadline is entirely self-imposed and will have no impact on the quality of your work, yes.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Anonus said:

When that deadline is entirely self-imposed and will have no impact on the quality of your work, yes.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Odradek said:

Anonus said:

you know what I think I have this going in the right direction now