Draw from the Deck of Many Things and post the result in this thread

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Skull: A dread wraith appears. Treat this creature as an unturnable undead. The character must fight it alone-if others help, they get dread wraiths to fight as well. If the character is slain, she is slain forever and cannot be revived, even with a wish or a miracle.

...Rude.
  • The Void: This black card spells instant disaster. The character's body continues to function, as though comatose, but her psyche is trapped in a prison somewhere-in an object on a far plane or planet, possibly in the possession of an outsider. A wish or a miracle does not bring the character back, instead merely revealing the plane of entrapment. Draw no more cards. Strong (all schools); CL 20th.

same
  • Throne: The character becomes a true leader in people's eyes. The castle gained appears in any open area she wishes (but the decision where to place it must be made within 1 hour).
    yessss
    I propose we fill Haven's new castle with wraiths.
  • Haven Ponypost, The Wraith Lord
  • Talons: When this card is drawn, every magic item owned or possessed by the character is instantly and irrevocably gone.

how the hell am I gonna get this AI assignment done in time now
  • Vizier: This card empowers the character drawing it with the one-time ability to call upon a source of wisdom to solve any single problem or answer fully any question upon her request. The query or request must be made within one year. Whether the information gained can be successfully acted upon is another question entirely.

Acceptable
  • Throne: The character becomes a true leader in people's eyes. The castle gained appears in any open area she wishes (but the decision where to place it must be made within 1 hour).
  • Jester: This card is always discarded when drawn, unlike all others except the fool. The redraws are optional.
  • kill living beings
    Rogue: When this card is drawn, one of the character's NPC friends (preferably a cohort) is totally alienated and forever after hostile. If the character has no cohorts, the enmity of some powerful personage (or community, or religious order) can be substituted. The hatred is secret until the time is ripe for it to be revealed with devastating effect.
    OK, well, that's quite dreadful.
    Deck of Many Things, Most of Them Bad
  • Seriously most of these cards suck and even the good ones aren't that good.
  • A castle is pretty good.

Although if it's any consolation, in the Fallen London deck I keep drawing this jerk goat.
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    Ruin: As implied by its name, when this card is drawn, all nonmagical possessions of the drawer are lost.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Flames: Hot anger, jealousy, and envy are but a few of the possible motivational forces for the enmity. The enmity of the outsider can't be ended until one of the parties has been slain. Determine the outsider randomly, and assume that it attacks the character (or plagues her life in some way) within 1d20 days.
  • "Idiot: This card causes the drain of 1d4+1 points of Intelligence immediately. The addition draw is optional."

... How rude.
  • Didn't the deck of many things have more good cards than this? I could've sworn it had more good cards than just "a castle".
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It has good cards you guys just all have shit luck
    There is bad luck and then there is murder wraiths.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tre said:

Jester: This card is always discarded when drawn, unlike all others except the fool. The redraws are optional.

(The other Jane)

It has good cards you guys just all have shit luck

well, also, not as many good as bad cards

(The other Jane)

are there any other sorts of wraiths
    Moon: This card sometimes bears the image of a moonstone gem with the appropriate number of wishes shown as gleams therein; sometimes it depicts a moon with its phase indicating the number of wishes (full = four; gibbous = three; half = two; quarter = one). These wishes are the same as those granted by the 9th-level wizard spell and must be used within a number of minutes equal to the number received.
    i can't believe i got fucking @Fossilmaiden
    Corvina said:

are there any other sorts of wraiths
    Wraiths that aren't trying to murder you permanently, duh.
    You are all just bad at the Deck of Many Things
    Maybe the deck of illusions is more your thing

(The other Jane)
    Fates: This card enables the character to avoid even an
    instantaneous occurrence if so desired, for the fabric of reality is
    unraveled and respun. Note that it does not enable something to happen.
    It can only stop something from happening or reverse a past occurrence.
    The reversal is only for the character who drew the card; other party
    members may have to endure the situation.