The Candy Mandate, or: The Heap Talks Treats

edited 2016-03-15 04:13:02 in General
I was just getting some candy and got to thinking what everybody else likes.

What are you favorite and least favorite candies and snacks?
  • Three Musketeers
  • A lot of mint things.
  • Cookies, notably snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, mint, and white chocolate.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    oreos
    chocolate chip cookies
    reese's peanut butter cups
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    no u
  • chocolates w/ coconut filling

stale peeps

absurdly sour things
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

oreos
    chocolate chip cookies
    reese's peanut butter cups

also: take-5s, kit kats, whipped cream
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anything with chocolate and peanut butter in it is grand, especially buckeyes. :3
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    i'll tell you what i didn't like as a kid; those giant ass jawkbreakers. how the hell am i supposed to eat that. how the hell is anyone supposed to eat that. you either waste your life away licking that shit for an hour or you break it with a hammer and then you just have a bunch of jawbreaker shards all over the place. and for what? an over glamorized piece of hard candy. fuck you ed edd and eddy 
  • Hey.

There will be no ill words against the Eds in my presence.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Hershey Bar

Chocolate pretzels
    Chocolate turtles
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    With the beau on stale Peeps. Those are baller.

Personal favourites are saltwater taffy of various sorts; toffee/almond Symphony bars; candy canes, particularly Bob's, especially peppermint and cherry although weirder flavours are welcome; knockoff Korean Pocky, snack mixes with wasabi peas and various Japanese bean pastries, which I got into before I went full weeb, thankyouverymuch; crème brûlée; all sorts of ice cream; roasted marshmallows and fresh s'mores; German chocolate and red velvet cake, although plain old chocolate with vanilla-almond icing will *certainly* do; petit-fours and fudge drop cookies, particularly from a certain bakery in Fox Chase; and cream mints, or really minty melting candies of any description.
  • oh i guess if we're talking snacks in general, im more of a salty snacks person (sweet stuff is ok in small amounts but i cant deal with stuff like anything larger than a slim slice of cake)

so in addition to the things mentioned, i like beef jerky, low sodium lays potato chips, nuts of all sorts, cheese and crackers...
  • edited 2016-03-15 05:06:30
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yeah snacks in general. Like, I love white chocolate cookies, 3 Musketeers, can't stand Starburst, like spicy and cream and onion and plain chips in moderation... burnt cream is a gift from above... any bar-type snacks with coconuts are awful though. Also apples, bananas, pears, some other stuff, although those have also just been combined meals for me so it's a bit of an overlap.

It's "candy mandate" because I imagined how amusing it'd be to me if Princess Alice badgered The Handler for something like that, only for her to pass it through on her own terms (which are not as silly). I kept it because it's cute to me.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Creme Eggs and Crunchies

also jelly beans

i don't really snack on those though, they're a very occasional thing

for snacks i'm more likely to go for a bag of crisps, or fruit (apple, orange, grapes or banana, usually)
  • Chocolate raisins 

I fucking love chocolate raisins and could quite easily eat my body weight in them.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, I <3 chocolate. About the only kind of chocolate I don't like, oddly enough, is Whitman's...it tastes weirdly plasticky. Beyond that, I can even deal with Hershey's or Easter-bunny chocolate if that's all that's available. Dark/unadorned chocolate is the best kind, though, and so I find myself eating a lot of 3 Musketeers and Lindt and Junior Mints.

Starburst I don't mind. Things with nuts other than peanuts I can take or leave (though Reese's anything is good). I like coconut, though.
    i don't like sweets with peanut in them

not big on nuts in general, it seems kinda like eating wood?  not sure what the appeal is

almonds are nice though, and hazelnut is ok

i can eat salted peanuts.  peanut butter is awful though, it makes me gag
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tachyon said:

not big on nuts in general, it seems kinda like eating wood?  not sure what the appeal is

I am fine with peanut butter, but I think it's gross with chocolate
    oh!

haribo fizzy cola bottles

when i was a kid, every sunday, dad would take me and my brother to the newsagent's to pick up a paper after church, and they used to have all these little boxes of haribo sweets behind the counter, a penny each, gummy bears, sugary fizzy cola bottles, those little ring things, fried egg type dealies, the ones that are a red heart on the front side and white on the back, you know?

we were allowed one little paper bag each, it ruled

Tachyon said:

peanut and chocolate should not be mixed, imo
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Chocolate coated nuts are great. Chocolate brazils~
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

peanut and chocolate should not be mixed, imo
    My mom.

Although she would be more specific and say peanut butter and chocolate. Or broaden it to any nut butter and chocolate: Nutella is her natural enemy.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Good candy/treats

thin mints
    lindt truffles (dark chocolate, especially)
    crunch bars
    ginger chews
    Dark chocolate in general, but I'm rather picky. Not a huge fan of Hershey, et cetera. 
    those wafer candy things?
    Does plain whipped cream count
    and if so does hot cocoa with whipped cream, peppermint/candy cane crumbles, and cinnamon count also

CHOCOLATE COVERED RAISINS. I almost forgot those, but they are so good. 

Bad candy

low quality chocolate (shameless chocolate snobbery, but... I'll still eat shitty chocolate if it's available, I'll just be terribly disappointed and dissatisfied >_>;;)
    everything with coconut in it
    snickers

To Be Continued...

• One time near the end of high school we made "chicken chocolate chip cookies" as a joke. The first person we served them to was the person who came up with the terrible idea. He said "These aren't chicken chocolate chip, are they?" and we all laughed like "of course not, that would truly be too absurd to be considered" and then he was like "Ok, good. Hey, this cookie is kinda...moist?" 
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Sounds amazing.
  • Someone later contended they might have been alright if we hadn't used seasoned chicken.