The greatest awards show ceremony of all time

Joel McHale hates the VGX awards, and he hates you for playing video games

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    This is a correct and good thread.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Who are those guys being awkward with Wavves and talking about GTA?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I have no idea

They seemed to be rappers, but I think they were secretly an avant-garde performance group
  • why is Earl Sweatshirt from Odd Future there
  • Who are those guys being awkward with Wavves and talking about GTA?

i thiiink that's Tyler the Creator, next to him in the brown suit is Earl Sweatshirt, idk who anyone else is
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

Who are those guys being awkward with Wavves and talking about GTA?

i thiiink that's Tyler the Creator, next to him in the brown suit is Earl Sweatshirt, idk who anyone else is
    I was thinking, "...is that you, Tyler?"
  • Taco was there in the background but I don't recognize anyone else

dude on the left might be Jasper Dolphin? I don't actually remember what he looks like.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    the oscars should be hosted by someone who feels the same way about movies that joel mchale feels about video games
    I think Joel McHale feels that way about everything.
  • I used to watch The Soup when I was like 14 because it made me feel smarter than people who watched things on the E! network that were not The Soup.

this was dumb, in retrospect.
  • Jane said:

I used to watch The Soup when I was like 14 because it made me feel smarter than people who watched things on the E! network that were not The Soup.

me to a T
    I found that show really, really boring, personally. McHale is so much more entertaining when he's just talking than when he's doing the hot take thing.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Jane said:

I used to watch The Soup when I was like 14 because it made me feel smarter than people who watched things on the E! network that were not The Soup.

I probably would've done this if I had American cable for longer than brief periods of time.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I used to watch it with my mother

It was Our Thing ;_;
  • edited 2016-03-10 21:47:41
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The Soup (and Talk Soup before it) seemed like it was so much funnier back in the 1990s and 2000s. I'm not sure if that the shows took themselves more seriously (it's pretty much a given these days that any new talk show is either going to be a Tonight Show or Late Night clone like Ellen, or an alternative to pro wrestling like Jerry Springer), or if the hosts they got back then were just better.
  • I think they ended up figuring that out eventually, I'm pretty sure that it ended last year or somewhere shortly before.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    There was another show called Crazy Talk that was on daytime TV recently, and tried to go the AFV route with it...but I don't think that really works, either. We already have at least two AFVs (AFV itself and Tosh.0) already.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Crystal said:

This is a correct and good thread.