Easter 2016

EASTER IS COMING ON MARCH 27
  • What do you do for Easter?
  • Are you excited for Easter?
  • How did you feel upon learning the Easter Bunny wasn't real?
  • Should I write in honor of Easter?

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

• Should I write in honor of Easter?
    What would you write?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    A story about Easter. Probably something intended to replace Yogi the Easter Bear which is supposed to be really bad and/or extremely WTF.
  • I'm gonna try and get to mass for all of holy week, and then Easter Vigil where my dad sings the exultet which is always fun, but weird because I'm not coaching him in the car this year. We're taking Aondeug with us to at least that.
  • edited 2016-03-08 17:31:09
    ಠ_ಠ
    There's a possibility that I may be working over the Easter break, depending on if I get selected to do any UCAS fairs over Easter. 
  • Also, Easter Sunday falls on my mum's birthday. 
  • edited 2016-03-08 17:36:14
    I'm wondering why there aren't Wester, Norther, and Souther.

Wester should be celebrated about 182 days later or so.

Since the Chinese way of naming cardinal directions is East South West North, Souther should be celebrated after Easter and before Wester, about 71 days in between, and then Norther should be celebrated about 71 days after Wester.

#deliberatelymissingtheoriginalpointoftheholiday
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I'm gonna try and get to mass for all of holy week, and then Easter Vigil where my dad sings the exultet which is always fun, but weird because I'm not coaching him in the car this year. We're taking Aondeug with us to at least that.

When you see her next tell her to message Centie
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    1. candy
    2. candy
    3. also, candy
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Since the Chinese way of naming cardinal directions is East South West North, Souther should be celebrated after Easter and before Wester, about 71 days in between, and then Norther should be celebrated about 71 days after Wester.

Eostre.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Eostre.
    Paschal.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Calica said:

Eostre.
    Paschal.
    Pesach, mein goyische freund.

Also: Mohnomishe, because :zoviet*france: erryday.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    The Walmart here has a sign out front counting down the days until Easter. I guess they're trying to make it the new Christmas.

in other news, fuck Walmart
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    man i really wish i were hanging out with imi right now
    why
    i dunno, i just pictured you driving past a walmart in some generic suburban area as the sun went down and imagined a nice cool, dry summer evening and it seemed like a nice time to be with friends
    it might be, but still, fuck Walmart.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i just pictured you driving past a walmart in some generic suburban area as the sun went down and sticking your hand out the window and flipping them off
  • The Walmart here has a sign out front counting down the days until Easter. I guess they're trying to make it the new Christmas.

in other news, fuck Walmart

For what it's worth, it is also effectively a countdown to when Walmart's seven month long constant holiday season will be over
    ...there's a time when it's not the holiday season at Walmart?
  • * we get candy in baskets
    * not really?
    * i was never under the impression that he was, isn't really a thing in my family
    * sure?
    Walmart is so horrible, soulless, unappealing

They cannot even try to be fun either
  • Tachyon said:

i just pictured you driving past a walmart in some generic suburban area as the sun went down and sticking your hand out the window and flipping them off

i do this when i drive past the statue of ronald reagan outside Washington National Airport; does that count?
  • except i can't stick my hand out the window in its general direction because i'm driving and i'm on the left side of the car and it's on the right side of the road when i pass it
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    picturing you actually leaning all the way across the passenger seat just to flip off a statue, while keeping your other hand on the wheel
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Tachyon said:

i do this when i drive past the statue of ronald reagan outside Washington National Airport; does that count?
    I've probably said this before to you but I've heard the air traffic controllers still refuse to call it anything but National and I think that's beautiful.
  • my easter tradition is going to my grandfather's house and looking for chocolate eggs that we never found ten years ago
    Easter is in three days and I still haven't written anything in honor of Easter
  • now at long last I know when Easter is

now I can catch and vore that rascally rabbit
  • My mum's birthday falls on Easter Sunday.

So extra cake for me!