my top five favorite components of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

edited 2016-02-27 10:04:13 in General
1. Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
2. the upcoming Are You Being Served? reboot
3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
4. Steely Dan - The Royal Scam
5. Ant Man

Comments

• ...did the Ant Man movie come out yet or?
  • basically what you should get out of this is that there's going to be a reboot of Are You Being Served? that's debuting later this year apparently

back in July

back in July
    really?

did anyone like watch it or?
  • http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=antman.htm

(not to say it was bad, I can't judge it from afar)
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i saw it, with a friend who watches all the MCU films

it was pretty bad tbh

the best moment was the gag with the toy train, and that was in the trailer
  • I didn't enjoy it much, but I understood the appeal

It would've been better if Edgar Wright had actually been with it through the end. You get the feeling the movie was going to be a metaphor for being a good ex-husband (the kind of stuff Wright is really good at) but it was wrung out.

At any rate, to my knowledge a lot of the worse elements of Marvel's creative committees or whatever- ie the people responsible for the blandness of the MCU have been let go recently so I have my fingers crossed
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    You mean the Russo Bros? Good

18evs3e431h07gif.gif
  • edited 2016-02-27 01:25:18
    I don't know why I attempt to participate in these conversations, sigh, sometimes I remember that there's a wide world out there where I don't have to assume a defensive posture every time John Green or the MCU is brought up
  • ITT nobody notices that

basically what you should get out of this is that there's going to be a reboot of Are You Being Served? that's debuting later this year apparently

• You mean the Russo Bros? Good

18evs3e431h07gif.gif
    did you actually post this

please tell me someone hacked your account or something
  • edited 2016-02-27 01:28:29
    My dreams exceed my real life
    vimeo.com/16552399
  • Baldanders' MCU posts are the worst component of the MCU tbh
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Baldanders' MCU posts are the worst component of the MCU tbh

SHIT I DID IT AGAIN

Goddamnit people need to start telling me
    I asked Tachyon to tell me but I think I need someone else
  • Honestly I think you should just.... stop talking about them in general? Like, ever. Because this has evolved loooong past the point where it's just complaining about a thing you don't like, you're being rather actively petty and antagonistic and it's tiring

Like I straight up can't read John Green because of Tumblr bullshit not even because of my opinion on the guy's work

and you've brought me to that point with the MCU. I just wish I was allowed to kinda-like things in peace
    I am trying, it's just the conversation turns to it, because, again, they are omnipresent
  • They are almost never brought up by anyone here except you
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I have successfully avoided fucking thinking about these things for like. A month?

Myr, I'm sorry, but Kex is right. I don't make these threads. You make these threads. And then someone else makes the snowclone because they think it's funny. And I guess it is, to them, but I can't laugh. It's been taken from me.

It'd all go easier for everyone if I didn't react the way I do every time we do this, but every time we do this I feel the pain anew.
  • this was strictly a shitpost thread

i should have known better but i was sleep deprived and i wanted to make a joke about how virtually nobody actually watched Ant Man
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Actually, I'll say it right now: I am thoroughly incapable of anything resembling good humor or level-headed discussion when it comes to the MCU. I am being irrational and I cannot stop.
  • and then after i made it i was able to perfectly prognosticate this whole series of posts, but by then it was too late
    You are right