You CAN serve both God and Mammon!

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    doesn't that movie have, like, nothing to do with Asimov? or so I heard

the second one makes me wanna puke
  • My dreams exceed my real life

doesn't that movie have, like, nothing to do with Asimov? or so I heard

the second one makes me wanna puke

It's a reworked script that got changed for brand recognition.

Honestly I thought the movie was alright.
  • I liked I, Robot as a young'n.

Haven't seen it in years though.

You CAN serve both God and Mammon!
    Flipping over their tables is just what you have to do to get rid of the competition sometimes!
  • Jane said:

I liked I, Robot as a young'n.

same TBH

I credit it for my first exposure to the word "asshole", which my parents told me never to say after Will Smith yelled it
  • Jane said:

Same.

I also own the movie edition of the book.
  • Tre said:

Jane said:

same TBH

I credit it for my first exposure to the word "asshole", which my parents told me never to say after Will Smith yelled it
     I literally had the exact same experience, except with Independence Day. That's kind of funny to me.
  • My version of that experience was learning the word "bastard" from an episode of the Dilbert TV show we watched one time when on vacation.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I remember watching Ghostbusters as a kid, and after some bit of profanity (can't remember what) my mom asked me, "do you know what he just said?"

I knew perfectly well what he just said but I decided it was better to play dumb
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Honestly that tagline is misleading, because Will Smith's anti-robot sentiments are treated as a form of bigotry that's keeping him from really understanding the case until he overcomes them.
  • It makes even less sense for the book, of course
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I keep giggling thinking of people who watched the movie first then bought that edition of the book expecting the same thing